Laminar Ears

elizilla

I wonder if the Laminar Ears would work on the NT?

I'm thinking, the ones for the 2003 V-Strom, might fit nicely in the space between the mirrors and the shield. And a couple of extra squares of velcro would allow them to be repositioned when the windshield went up and down. I owned these for my Strom, but I gave them away when I got rid of the bike. Now I wish I'd kept them to try!

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
An old screen, some flat stock and some time...Why not

OP
OP

elizilla

Indeed. Anyone have any good techniques for cutting up screens? Last time I cut one, I spent hours trying to get a nice edge and never did quite get it right.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Use a sabre saw with a fine tooth (metal cutting) blade and go slowly. When I did it in the past, I always used a palm sander to clean-up any blade marks. And of course, lots of masking tape on the windshield to keep the foot of the sabre saw from scratching the plastic.

OP
OP

elizilla

I'm not convinced that they're needed at all. I'm not having any particular problem. But I like messing with things, so I might create something along those lines just to try.

I can't have wind deflectors, unless I change my Denali light brackets, since they would interfere.

Igo

I've used poster board folded in half, trace my line on one half and cut out the poster board to duplicate anything I wanted mirrored. A fine jig saw blade does great, stay a smidge to the outside of your line and use a small belt or palm sander to bring everything to your line. Keep the edge of your plexi close to something stable, do not let wobble. Don't load the sand paper or your melt your work. 240 grit for final rounding of the edge. Sop plexi polish into the edge after that.
For your little peices, clamp just over snug in your vice in a sandwich of bath clothes if you have enough room to get in there with your jig saw.

Top Bottom