Laminar Lip or Cee Bailey?

jackgermain

I need to either a Laminar Lip for the windshield or a New one from Cee Bailey. Which one is better ? If you have thoughts please let me know. I am looking at making a purchase soon. Thank you.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Two slightly different animals. I had a Laminar Lip from my PC800 so I used it on the standard windshield for around the first year I rode the NT. It did provide more still air around my helmet visor but lots of air still came over the dash from the cutout at the bottom of the windshield. The Cee Bailey +2 solves the air spilling over the dash because it can be run lower. Guess it all depends on what you want.

bicyclist

I used a Laminar Lip on another bike, but haven't used one on the NT. It worked. I have a 4" taller Cee Bailey on the NT. It works. I figure it's a tossup and the Lip is less expensive.

I'm sure someone will chime in with the name of the other flip up windshield thingy; I can't remember it.

Something to consider is that several Cee Bailey shields have cracked. Mine was replaced under warranty, so I can't complain too much, but it happened on a trip and I had to take time out to deal with it.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Not directly comparable.

They do somewhat the same thing, but they aren't the same.
My experience is on a Concours 10
The Laminar Lip improved the comfort but only slightly and cost less.
The Cee Bailey improved the comfort a lot. And it cost more.
Also the Cee Bailey improved the gas mileage on the C10 because it it sloped more.
The Cee Bailey doesn't improve the comfort on the NT as much as it did on the C10.
No imporvement in gas mileage on the NT.

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have run a 'Lip on two bikes.

On bike one, Suzuki GS500F, the Laminar Lip did not work for me. It did what it said it would but set up a tremendous roar. I was able to return it for a full refund as it was not used long enough to get damaged or scratched.

On bike two, NT700V, I tried another one largely because the company had been good to deal with. The Laminar Lip works well for me. It moves the air flow higher, over my helmet, allowing me to run the windshield low enough to look over, even in the rain.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
just get a +6 cee bailey and have nice calm air whenever you want it. Mine now has over 18000 mi on it and is doing fine. :)
PS setting wind shield at the same heights I do get better mileage with the cb than with stock.

Top Bottom