Large Lids, but I can't buy them!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Ken, his purchase price isn't that much better than Honda of Bournemouth's. In fact, I just logged in at Honda of Bournemouth and his price is about 50 pounds higher than theirs and they will ship to the US. Here's the link:

http://www.hondaofbournemouth.co.uk/products/honda-panniers-9/nt700v-deauville-large-pannier-lid-set-14800.aspx

Shipping's gonna' cost you about $100 and you'll end up spending way too much money for something Honda ought to offer us, but they're good to deal with and if you'r traveling, the big lids end up being worth the money, IMNSHO.

If I hadn't decided to stop undergirding the British economy, I could sell you my current set of scraped up lids for $250 and spend $500 of my own momey buying the lids from Bournemouth. But I'm through playing that game! Buy your own! :)

OP
OP
RedBird

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Hi Phil, yes, I know I can get them from Bournemouth. Bournemonth wants 293 pounds, and this set on the bay is 204 pounds. So, I was hoping to convince them to ship to me, but no luck. You SURE you don't want to save yourself the trouble and expense of refinishing your current (UGLY!!) set and just order and install a new (BEAUTIFUL!!) set. I'd certainly remove the old ugly set from your sight for $250 after your beautiful NEW lids are installed! :)

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I probably asked no less than 10 sellers on UK ebay to ship used large red panniers lids to the US without any luck. Maybe some of the UK people on this site can explain why it is so difficult. I think that shipping out of the UK is either expensive for individuals, or just a real pain in the buttocks. Even asked a few sellers of entire NT700's with large lids to sell the large lids thinking they may have still have the original lids. And again, no luck. Finally bought a used large lid set advertised on this group. Good luck finding a set.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I think I remember something about Honda going after some of the parts dealers selling accessories on the internet. I purchased a lot of my accessories from David Silver Spares and apparently they were told to stop. They only sell parts now.

Madmax

Its not that hard to ship out of the country. I do it from time to time as long as the buyer wants to pay the extra shipping. I sent a Sargent seat to western OZ and a Shoei helmet to Brazil with no problems...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I purchased a lot of my accessories from David Silver Spares and apparently they were told to stop. They only sell parts now.

My understanding is that David Silver Spares now sells only parts for "classic" Hondas, ones that are out of production. It seems like they weren't a Honda dealer and were underselling some of the authorized dealers.

elizilla

I'm distrustful of ship-abroad requests because the scammers generally ask for it. But I have been known to ship to other countries when the person has corresponded with me enough that they can't just spout generically at me. Anyone who says "your item" instead of naming the specific thing, for instance, is probably a scammer. Scammers also tend to dive off into creative storytelling before they've asked any intelligent questions about the thing I am selling. I don't even bother to reply to them any more. Delete!

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have the good fortune of having a sister who lives in Austria. She can usually get anything I need if I ask her. She is currently getting a Honda undercowl for me. .Color is not important since I will paint to suit. My plan is that if she does not score for a red cowl, I'll paint the cowl GM HHR Metallic Black just like the panniers

There's a set for sale on the UK forum at the moment - "grey" color - for about $130 plus postage to the UK or Ireland. I'll get them for you and post them across if you're interested.

loonytuna

I'm distrustful of ship-abroad requests because the scammers generally ask for it. But I have been known to ship to other countries when the person has corresponded with me enough that they can't just spout generically at me. Anyone who says "your item" instead of naming the specific thing, for instance, is probably a scammer. Scammers also tend to dive off into creative storytelling before they've asked any intelligent questions about the thing I am selling. I don't even bother to reply to them any more. Delete!
Oh come on!

You don't believe when they tell you they are stranded in Africa at their aunt's funeral to collect their huge inheritance, and the "item" is in a bonded warehouse and can't be viewed, but hey ..... "here is the serial number and a picture"!

I know, I know ..... all Americans are idiots huh!

Don't ya just love it! - LOL

loonytuna

There's a set for sale on the UK forum at the moment - "grey" color - for about $130 plus postage to the UK or Ireland. I'll get them for you and post them across if you're interested.

Now That's a nice offer!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
You're going to look funny with silver lids on your red NT. If you get 'em, I'll swap you my scraped up silver ones for them and you can paint mine red.

Aren't I a heck of a guy?

OP
OP
RedBird

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Phil, you are a prince of a fellow. Actually, if I am going to change their color anyway I don't see why that would not work. When I have them in hand we can persue this further.

OP
OP
RedBird

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Ha! You are so right Chuck! Like a lot of things in life, easier said then done.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Red,
You should put the silver ones on your bike and see if you like them. Silver on red looks real nice. I painted mine metallic black because I could not find a silver that matched the original--at least not at a reasonable price. Be prepared to pay twice the price for red. I have no clue as to why that is the case.

I am having the hood and the tops of the fenders repainted on my Suburban. The color is red. I could have the whole rig repainted a different color for the same price.

Top Bottom