Last KLR ride of the year./ or/ One last fall down.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I was able to get out yesterday and get the KLR dirty. Air temp got to the High 50's. Did about 150 miles of dirt road and pavement. Tried to take Rampart Range Road all the way to Woodland Park but got stopped just before Devils Head.To much Ice and Snow at 8800 ft. Fooled around down around Deckers. I think it will be the last KLR ride this year. Today everything is covered in Snow.

As a added question. Am I getting to old to be picking up the KLR, or is this thing getting heavier each year?

Last edited:
I am glad you were able to get it bak on it's feet, especially if you were alone, I know for a fact that if that was mine on its side aven with out the snow/ice I would have been there until some one came along, or else I would have had a LONG walk. I just don't go to the back woods alone any more for that reason, but should I have too some one would be aware of my rout and my estimated tme of return to where i could call in , and SPOT would be on and working to show where I was.
Eldon

Glad you got her done yesterday, Chuck; it wouldn't be happening today! I'm pretty sure it's documented that KLRs gain weight annually.

Great pictures and I don't know how you got her up in that snow and ice.
Paul

Had no choice, I was 9 miles in from the pavement and no one around. It was pick it up and ride home or start hiking. I prefer to ride.:)

Pretty good to be picking up 400 lbs on ice. Nice work! Beautiful shots.

Did not say it was easy and it took a few tries and about 15 minutes. Then another 20 min. to catch my breath and make sure I did not go into cardiac arrest. Got to make sure I don't forget my nitroglycerin tabs next time.:smile:

PS: I am 62 years old.

Last edited:
Nice looking pic's, good looking KLR, I pick up my 96 KLR every now and then, I'm 72.

Man, Chuck, you must be "strong like Tunoose!" (a reference to Hans Conreid's character on the old Danny Thomas show...none of the kids here will have any idea what that is a reference to!).

Man, Chuck, you must be "strong like Tunoose!" (a reference to Hans Conreid's character on the old Danny Thomas show...none of the kids here will have any idea what that is a reference to!).

No not that strong. Just did not want to have to walk.

Looks like a great last ride Chuck, the land you ride through is simply stunning.

I have to side with Phil (glad I'm just a puppy as Danny Thomas doesn't ring many bells), anyone that can hoist up a KLR on ice has some strength going on.
Thanks for sharing the pics!

Back
Top Bottom