Leakage on left engine cover

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
I have seen this posted about before and I have been searching the forum looking through posts trying to find the original thread, but to no avail.

I was going to post this in the "Technical" section but there is no "Engine" category (which I found very strange) so I am posting it in the "General" section

Moderators please move it if you think it should be posted somewhere else.

My 2007 NT700V has developed a very slight leak which appears as a few wiggly lines along the left hand engine cover (on the silver cover that covers the gear selector shaft). The wiggly lines are caused by droplets of fluid being blown along by the wind while riding (and collecting dust) so at the end of the ride the wiggly dirty lines are quite noticeable against the silver colour of the cover. Droplet stains can also sometimes appear on my left boot.

These lines only seem to appear after a fairly good ride and are quite noticeable after a fairly long ride (over 200 miles or so).

I thought the previous thread concluded that it was a slow coolant leak but I wold appreciate it if someone could either point me to the relevant thread or remind me of what the problem turned out to be.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
If my memory serves me correctly, your issue was addressed in a thread about "Water Pump" There was a chap who found that his water pump located at the front of the enhine had a small leak. I believe that he replaced the water pump,

OP
OP
seagrass
Bike
Thanks Alex. I was thinking that was the case but I simply cannot find the post at all.

I have just spent another hour or so searching without any luck.

Can anyone give me a link to the post I am looking for?

Thanks

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
These might be the posts you were thinking of regarding water pump weeping and replacement.

http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?6955-NT-waterpump&highlight=
http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?7298-Water-pump-replacement/page2&highlight=water+pump
http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?4424-Water-pump-replacement

I have seen this posted about before and I have been searching the forum looking through posts trying to find the original thread, but to no avail.

I was going to post this in the "Technical" section but there is no "Engine" category (which I found very strange) so I am posting it in the "General" section

Moderators please move it if you think it should be posted somewhere else.

My 2007 NT700V has developed a very slight leak which appears as a few wiggly lines along the left hand engine cover (on the silver cover that covers the gear selector shaft). The wiggly lines are caused by droplets of fluid being blown along by the wind while riding (and collecting dust) so at the end of the ride the wiggly dirty lines are quite noticeable against the silver colour of the cover. Droplet stains can also sometimes appear on my left boot.

These lines only seem to appear after a fairly good ride and are quite noticeable after a fairly long ride (over 200 miles or so).

I thought the previous thread concluded that it was a slow coolant leak but I wold appreciate it if someone could either point me to the relevant thread or remind me of what the problem turned out to be.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Last edited:
OP
OP
seagrass
Bike
Thanks for those links, I had found them already and read them from beginning to end but none of them seem to contain the posts I remember.

It is almost like the posts I am referring too are no longer on the website, either that or my "Old Timers" disease is a lot worse than I thought ;-)

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Hmm. I think you'll find fixing the bike easier than the memory issue. :cool:
Thanks for those links, I had found them already and read them from beginning to end but none of them seem to contain the posts I remember.

It is almost like the posts I am referring too are no longer on the website, either that or my "Old Timers" disease is a lot worse than I thought ;-)

Top Bottom