LED lights

Does anyone know if you can replace the tail lights with LED lights. I just added the wig wag modulator something like the motorcycle cops in FL use. I think it would be a lot brighter. The modulator says it can use LEDs but I didn't know if the bike can. I commute alot and I have almost rear ended a few times.

Jim

bicyclist

Don't know any reason why not. The bike has no light monitoring function, so the decreased current draw won't set off any alarms. On bikes that use a CANbus or have some sort of lamp monitoring, either a resistor has to be added or the LED lamp has to be designed to work with the system. Since that isn't the case for the NT, an LED lamp should work just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Your lights won't make you vehicle behind you stop any faster. Always looking for a place to run is better than relying on your lights. That didn't stop me from ordering tail brights just don't expect your lights to make people pay attention to driving and improve there ability to judge your speed or ability to stop quicker than they can.

OP
OP
nccmpig
I always stay in first gear at a light. But both times I was stopped at a red light and the youngsters who were driving too fast, probably on the cell, said they didn't see in the middle of three lanes. The last one had to lock up his brakes and pulled out in front of the car next to me get out of the way. I now hit my brakes when I see anyone coming up to the light behind me even when stopped. I had a flashing light with LED's similar to yours but a cop stopped me and told me its illegal to have flashing lights that stay on when you have your brakes on. He told me if he saw me again he would give me a ticket. I have asked other cops and they told me, technically he is right but they understand why I have them and wouldn't stop me. So the farther they can see me the better. It seems to be what happens most in Fl, stopped and then hit because most four lane roads, whether in the cities or not are either 45 or 55 mph. In Orlando about 5 people have died from getting hit from behind in the last year.

Jim

OP
OP
nccmpig
These were college kids not paying attention and driving fast. I am about 45 from Disney.

Jim

Bike
75 Honda CB360/Buell P3
I've had good luck with these guys, excelent customer service. BTW where did you get the modulator?

Top Bottom