Lid latch epoxy reinforcement is very effective, highside aftermath

Bike
Black Deauville NT700
Much of the plastic on the NT700 is marked ‘>PC+PET<’ (polycarbonate and polyethylene terephthalate blend). The appropriate bonding agents are Tensol 12 and Tensol 70. The 12 comes as a single fluid and is less weatherproof and the 70 is two pack with better weather resistance.

I bought Tensol 12 before finding out that I would be better off with Tensol 70. Although, Tensol 12 is unsuitable for exterior use, it is anticipated that painting will seal it. A combination of Tensol 12 and a hot staple gun has made a very strong repair.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 NT700V
Much of the plastic on the NT700 is marked ‘>PC+PET<’ (polycarbonate and polyethylene terephthalate blend). The appropriate bonding agents are Tensol 12 and Tensol 70. The 12 comes as a single fluid and is less weatherproof and the 70 is two pack with better weather resistance.

I bought Tensol 12 before finding out that I would be better off with Tensol 70. Although, Tensol 12 is unsuitable for exterior use, it is anticipated that painting will seal it. A combination of Tensol 12 and a hot staple gun has made a very strong repair.

Excellent info, this should be stickied somewhere at the top of the maintenance forums. I took a look in one of the big lids and it is indeed PC+PET. Is this mainly the unpainted black pieces and luggage lids? Painted fairings on any bike seems to usually be ABS with possible fiber reinforcement. I'll have to keep an eye out for markings next time I have one of the silver front fairing pieces off..

Top Bottom