Life expentancy of heated gear ? Specifically Gerbing ?

Bike
'10 Silver NT700
I bought my first Gerbing jacket liner and gauntlet gloves 10 years ago and enjoyed yearround commuting. Last winter, the right glove stopped working and soon after so did the left. I purchased replacement gloves (T5) in September and after finding them a bit lacking, also purchased a replacement jacket liner. In December, I noticed the right glove wasn't working and after the day's ride, noted a melted portion on the back of the glove that seems to indicate an internal short. Been trying to get Glyde (who I believe took over Gerbing) to reply to my request for a replacement but have not had any success. The seller of the product covers it only for 90 days so I'm stuck trying to get it from the manufacturer.Melted glove.jpgMelted glove 2.jpg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'll second Chris' recommendation of Warm'n'Safe heated gear. I had a Gerbings jacket liner for several years and it worked OK, but the controllers were a different story. After having three failures, I replaced it with a Warm'n'Safe controller which is still working. I've had my Warm'n'Safe jacket liner for seven years now and it's been great.

I had a Gerbing glove that failed and I simply bought another pair. For me, easier and probably cheaper than trying to fix it. I haven't tried the Warm and Safe yet. My Gerbing jacket is five or six years old and I've had no issues with it.

Terry

Bike
2010 silver NT700v
I connected the harness for my old Widder vest and gloves yesterday....used the gloves only this am driving to work (don't really needs the vest on my work commute of 15 miles)..temp was around 30 degrees.....gloves did thr job....not real hot but comfortable enough....these old Widder gloves lose connection where he plug is riveted to glove....plugging in and unplugging / flexing etc..seems cause this. So I leave them plugged in and have the connection taped....seems to help...I remember Widder years ago told me the gloves had to be rewired / reconnected about once a year.....they would do it free...you paid shipping....

Top Bottom