light mounting

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
does anyone know if the universal M10 mount kit that comes with the denali led light kit will work on the nt700 without making a home-made light bar?

elizilla

Jaster,

Phil's the guy who will know - he put his lights on the fender bolts, no need for a light bar. I don't know if he bought one of the other kits for that or not.

But having installed Denalis (on some home-made light bars) I would say that even if the universal kit that comes with the Denalis is insufficient to put the lights on the fender all by itself, I am sure I could do it using pieces sourced at my local hardware, no need to order anything special.

There is also some kind of mount point on the lower corners of the radiator. I don't know what you need to mount lights there, but that is where the Honda accessory lights mount.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Yeppers. That's what I used (see Ron's post above). My only complaint has been that the bolts that I got with the mounting kit (which was way cheaper than anything I could have fabricated and came already done) rusted almost instantly. Kevin at Twisted Throttle says they are checking that out and will be making some changes if they haven't already. I have a feeling that I'm going to get some new fasteners from them. If not, it's no big deal. At least they're paying attention. I never complained and I've had them on the bike for nearly 11 months now. They were rusty within a month or two. My bad for not letting them know.

OP
OP
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
thanks for the info. I just got the lights, now all I have to do is install them.
cheers,

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
BTW, Kevin @ Twisted Throttle did send me new fasteners. I'm pretty sure that the black ones that rusted are no longer part of TT's package.

Top Bottom