Looking for a medium tall jacket

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
The best torso fit for me seems to be a medium however the sleeves are always too short (I'm a lanky 6'1"). Some manufacturers offer tall sizing however the models, colors and even sizing (no mediums) are limited. I'm looking for a 3/4 length jacket and have only found the Joe Rocket Ballistic 8.0 in black. It looks nice enough but just wanted to see if anyone knew of other companies that offer medium talls? Thanks.

elizilla

As a tall woman, I totally feel your pain!

Tourmaster is the only company that regularly has tall offerings. Mainly low end stuff, unfortunately. But at least it doesn't cost you a small fortune.

You can get legs and sleeves lengthened on Aerostich stuff. It's more expensive but the quality is very good. Note it's not full custom - they only use men's patterns, and then they just have a list of available alterations. (All of the alterations together don't add up to women's tall sizing, unless the woman is a lot more angular than I am. But men's tall, they can definitely do.)

You can get full custom textile gear from Motoport.

And there are a dozen companies that make custom leathers. I've done business with Vanson and with Z Leather. Both provided tip-top quality and fit, but Z Leather's customer service runs circles around Vanson's surly and mendacious employees. I'm just sayin'! :)

If you resort to just trying on non-tall sized things and hoping to find something that works, the brand to look for is Fieldsheer. Their stuff runs large and long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob

+1 with amorley. I am 6' with long arms and the Tourmaster Transition II in a medium fits well in the torso and in terms of arm length.

elizilla

I read that and got all excited. But when I went to the link, the talls are only in men's. :(

OP
OP
vc_slim
Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
I'm also interested in matching pants. What is nice is that the Joe Rocket Ballistic medium tall has a 36" inseam (I'm a 34" but want extra length) for a 32" waist.

Thanks everyone for all the great information.

Silver Ranger

I have the Touremaster Flex pant in a XL tall and have been very happy with them. I like that I can remove the rain liner, quilted liner and even the outer shell to meet my riding needs.

Top Bottom