Looks like Honda finally has a viable NT700 replacement

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I just received an email on the new TransAlp. It looks pretty good and can be nicely outfitted for touring and other endeavors... See Here

PS: If you're just going to whine about the chain drive don't bother looking...;)

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Not dissing the bike...its just not me.....Assessory prices are up there but everyone has that issue. .Gonna keep the 2015 VFR, 2017 V strom XT, and even the 2014 FJR for right now.
Yesterday I even rode a bit. Left over 2015, with bar risers, sliders, panniers, throttle lock, soft luggage carrier, tall screen with lip, and of course the standard heated grips and center stand was roughly $10,000. But that was 3-4 years ago.
a happy.jpga vfr.jpg

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
If you have a great bike like the VFR, then why bother with anything else...

The Transalp looks compelling, but really looks cheap to me. A parts bin bike. Like a bigger CB500X.

There's nothing like a V-twin, and I would really miss that in the Transalp. And yes, chain drive is primitive and a chore I am no longer interested in doing.

But if I wanted an adventure bike with Honda reliability, the Transalp would be worth a look. Heck, it doesn't have the 'adventure bike beak', which makes it worth a look just on that aspect!

Reactions: ett

ett

No shaft drive, fairing, built-in hard saddlebags, V-twin engine, and not a sport-touring based platform. Not an NT replacement. No thanks.

Top Bottom