Loose wheel weights

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
So I took my NT for a ride two days ago and noticed one of the six or seven wheel weights that were stuck on some white tape on my front wheel was slipping off to Port. I slid it back into its position but I am wondering how I can stick it on better.
I could take some RTV and lightly glue them all together, I suppose, but am up for any suggestions....

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Get double sided tape made for wheel weights. If the wheel and weights are clean it works good.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Maybe that is the clue...the one wheel weight might have not been clean on the bottom...I will see if an auto parts store has the correct tape...thanks!

Get double sided tape made for wheel weights. If the wheel and weights are clean it works good.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I have used 5 min epoxy for the flat weights you decribe. Wipe the wheel, add epoxy and tape down for 15 min or so.
The 5 min type is not that strong and will pop off cleanly at next tire change/balance.

Brad

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Not a bad idea...I went to NAPA but they said they don't have two sided wheel weight tape. Their wheel weights are peel and stick....

I have used 5 min epoxy for the flat weights you decribe. Wipe the wheel, add epoxy and tape down for 15 min or so.
The 5 min type is not that strong and will pop off cleanly at next tire change/balance.

Brad

Top Bottom