Lots of rust in the tank and fuel pump assembly corrosion

OP
OP
mikthebik
I didn't realise the raised ring has a drain hole in it until I saw the rusty weep stain and I used a long thin, skewer to clear it.
Finished the sealer and it's in the cure stage. Looks great and got the hole cleared. So glad yo did find it, not sure if I would have.

Just checked my Partzilla order and now the pump availability isn't until April 2 (was March 2 last week.).... 🤬 At least the sealer will haveplenty of time to cure...:shrug2:
Ride my Can Ams several times a week, so no lack of wind therapy.. c'est la vie..

OP
OP
mikthebik
Well the pump arrived early last week, well ahead of Partzilla’s expected date. Kudos! All went together well and she started right up and is running well. It will be a couple days before the weather turns dry, but I expect, after not riding her for almost four years, the first ride will be a very careful, but joyful experience. She’s clean and serviced, so ready for my 50 mile country roads test loop. Then once home, drain the oil and feed her some fresh Rotella. Life is good once again.

Top Bottom