Low beam out

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I tried that, but he and the other guy with him didn't know where we were going.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I agree with Chris, although I would have made a serious effort to lose them, or made a pit stop and modified the irritating light with a ballpeen , or a pair of wire Cutters:mad1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I let him know that I'd never be in front of him again. And he never came for another one of our COG rides.

I like the "Triangle" of my Denali driving lights on the fender much more than the modulator and from what I heard around Fort Morgan after I put them on, they worked very well to make me highly visible to traffic.

OP
OP
Bike
'10 Silver NT700
The one I got from the coworker was a spare after he sold his bike. It's working fine for now. I'll see how it is until the ones I ordered get here.

NOTE - ordering on eBay, pay attention to not only the place of origin, but the expected delivery date. I ordered from a location in NY, but after I submitted payment I got the notification that it'll be the end of the month before I can expect to receive the bulbs 'cause they're coming from another country.

I had the modulating head and tail lights on my PC800 and felt it was most useful in warning oncoming traffic not to turn left in front of me. I agree about riding with other bikes though. Although I will say that one ride captain appreciated it when I was the last one so he knew we'd all made the turn. I am interested in getting some additional low-mount lighting for the triangle effect. Anything to be more noticeable.

On a related noted, why in the worst of weather (rain mostly) is raingear not as brightly colored as they can make them? Everybody seems to buy black. I choose orange or flourescent yellow/green. Much prefer to look like a road cone than a speed bump anyday. Off my soapbox...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
On a related noted, why in the worst of weather (rain mostly) is raingear not as brightly colored as they can make them? Everybody seems to buy black. I choose orange or flourescent yellow/green. Much prefer to look like a road cone than a speed bump anyday. Off my soapbox...
That's an excellent question, Cameron. And I'd guess that we all know the answer. Chris implied it in his answer to the question: Style! Too many riders want to look macho. I've noticed lots of folks riding with the reflective vests, particularly when I'm near military installations. I don't think they'd help a whole lot on an NT with a topbox. But they sure can't hurt anything. I'll always wear hi-viz and a light colored helmet.

I don't know if he's still making/selling them, but Larry Buck's Tailbrights were good, relatively inexpensive rear reflection protection. I've had them on my Connie and on my NT. Woodaddict has luminescent tape on his wheel rims that gets charged up with photons from little LEDs on the inside of his forks and swingarm that make him very visible from the side.

Being seen is a good thing!

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
A very good point Chris! I normaly wear reflective, hi VIZ stitch and normally a full reflective safety vest when wearing black leather especialy in bad light / weather. If I choose to remove it I only haave two snaps to undo and then I am in black.

Eldon

Top Bottom