Lower fairing kit fitted

Hi folks following on fro my previous thread just wanted to say hello
It eventually got on to me wanting to get a lower fairing kit for my Deauville
Anyway it arrived in gloss black I have had problems fitting it
There is a slight gap in various areas but I think it’s down to manufacturers
I’ve taken it off and adjusted many times but this is the best I can get it to fit
So do you think it looks fine in the black or should I repaint in the original champagne gold ?Personally I think it’s ok 👌

Attachments

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I color matched mine, See HERE. After you get it loosely on the bike shifting it around a bit before tightening it down took care of most of the gaps.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I agree with Mike. I'd leave it black. I've got the OEM lower fairing and like it, but the Skidmarx like you and RedLdr1 have looks more finished than the OEM one.

NT undercowl 7 (2017_11_17 00_21_56 UTC).JPG

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It looks good! What year is your Deauville? We never saw a red ABS version here in the states.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
that lower is the best for diverting wind and water. I bought REDLDR1 used Skidmarx and sold it with the old silver bike. had to buy right from Skidmarx for another one for the red NT. i got the red one, but UK red is different than USA red, should have bought black, but got used to it. after all its not a beauty bike, just a work commuter!!

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
that lower is the best for diverting wind and water. I bought REDLDR1 used Skidmarx and sold it with the old silver bike. had to buy right from Skidmarx for another one for the red NT. i got the red one, but UK red is different than USA red, should have bought black, but got used to it. after all its not a beauty bike, just a work commuter!!
Are the lower cowls still available from anyone? ten years ago I purchased one from David Spares but the part is discontinued?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
You might look on eBay.uk. Skidmarx' undercowl is available from Skidmarx for $290.95 at today's exchange rate.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Anyone got a front view of a Skidmarx installed?
Will it touch the ground (and break) in the event of a tip over?

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
no it wont touch the ground. its pretty stout. i have scraped it a few times on a tight turn, probably forks compressed some. outstanding wet and cold weather protection. last ordered one in 2018 for my 2nd NT. should have ordered the black one, this red doesn't match, but oh, well, its a work bike!!!!!!!!!!!!red skidmarx1.jpgred skidmarx.jpg

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
here is silver, with Phil WAAAYYYY over on the EAST coast to give me my 50K sticker in person!! look nose to nose comparision with undercowls!!
sticker.JPG

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Like it, friend runs a car body shop, so matching paint finish shouldn't be a problem... will definitely complete the ST700 appearance :cool:

The PUIG one works in matters of weather protection, but protrudes a bit, their plastic is brittle and the mounting points & hardware a bit of a skittish compromise...
At occasions the GF still battles with the gravity (dunno why Newton even invented this crap... ;) ), hence going down during low speed, parking lot manouvers about twice a year...

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
with both bikes, i have tipped over (all way down) at zero speed for reasons i can't say!!!!!!! no cracking or scuff marks on skidmarx, the tip over wings saved! you WILL have the front header pipe burn thru or crack the fiberglass. you can see a little crack on silver, if you can enlarge it. they just engineered it TOO close. on red, i even put on heat wrap on pipe, and still burnt thru

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
... you WILL have the front header pipe burn thru or crack the fiberglass. you can see a little crack on silver, if you can enlarge it. they just engineered it TOO close...
Same on the PUIG thing, it even contacts the coolant hose... :oops:
Will increase clearance, add piping and heat-shields where required...
The PUIG was a quick and dirty shot, cheap and readily available, but ain't a thing for endurance riding...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Showed it to ze GF who thinks "... a litte large color surface ..." 😏
The first time I saw the Sidmarx I was thinking two-tone paint finish... so a work in progress... :cool:
The front shield will see lots of pebbles and road grime anyway, maybe some dull, dark gray layer with impact resistivity... 🤔

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If you are looking for impact resistance you may want to consider a can of pickup truck spray on bed liner. It would give you a satin black textured finish that would hold up very well to rock dings.
Mike

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
I did find the Skidmarx website and sent them an email so hopefully I will hear back soon. Thank You

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Regarding the Skidmarx ( those that have one can confirm) I believe you have to remove it or part of it to do an oil change. That is not the case with the Honda OEM under cowl.

Top Bottom