MC engine / sports car

skiper

If you like to see a sports car powered by a motorcycle engine check youtube " Berkeley's barchetta " . I thought it was quite unique. That led me to a french car named Amilcar CGS. It has motorcycle wheels and a cool interior. Someone in this box probably likes it as well..

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Sure brings back some memories. Had a friend years ago who had an AJS powered Berkley. It did remarkably well in autocross. That was a really nice sports car. Sure had a long chain.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
MC-engine cars have gotten more sophisticated than the Berkley or the Morgan 3-wheeler. Consider this:

http://www.racingconcepts.info/rs/

The Speads RS11 can run a number of MC engines. The one pictured, #8, is driven by my orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Kirk Kindsfater, who has done quite well. His has a Suzuki R-1 engine I think. The track is High Plains Raceway, east of Byers,CO on US-36. They have track days, but, you've got to wear leather, you can't have antifreeze in your engine, everything has to be safety-wired. I'd love to try a track day, but I'm not going to buy a leather suit for my body, and I'm not going to change coolant.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
That's quite the car. I'm leaning toward a car I drive on the road, maybe do some suspension work on, etc. I really like the Miata---reminds me of the old Lotus Elan.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I bought a 1990 Miata after I retired from the Army and drove it on the street while it got converted to SCCA SM Spec. Looking at the proximity of the cage one day decided not to drive it without a helmet anymore. Have the track car a road/parts/trainer 2 and 1/2 parts cars. http://www.flyinmiata.com/ is a good source for bits along with Mazda Comp If you take it to the track.
They are a great bang for the buck sports car.

Top Bottom