Memorial Day after ride

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
The sky was a deep blue, the sun was glistening off the newly sprouted green leaves of the aspen, my favorite music was lightly tickling my ears via my helmet speakers, and the Wee was purring along, effortlessly sweeping thru the corners of my favorite local backcountry roads. Today was a perfect day, to reflect on this past weekend?s true meaning.
After the long winter and very wet spring, the country side was awash in green (my favorite color, by the way). There were fields sprouting with spring flowers that I had never seen before in Colorado?s arid climate. The coolness of this spring morning was chilling my body as I gently piloted the Wee along the narrow string of pavement, called Foxton Road that follows the North Fork of the South Platte River. I love to ride this small bit of road in the early mornings. It is peaceful and very serine at eight AM . Sometimes I wish that I could afford a small cabin along the river and live out the rest of my days there.
Made a stop at a rustic bar and grill called the Buck Snort Saloon. It is tucked back behind, in the hills a mile or so, up a half assed paved road, (More dirt than pavement) from the hamlet called Pine Grove. Unfortunately it was closed this day. No lunch for me. This is a great little place to visit. Inside the walls are covered in dollar bills that previous patrons have pinned up with their name and place of origin written on them.
Enough words. It is getting late and I need to get home across town before Rush Hour traffic. Today was a ?chamber of commerce? day for Colorado, I am very fortunate to be able to live and ride in God?s Country. Ride safe my friends.

Attachments

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Excellent - excellent indeed, Chuck. Thanx for posting.

Totally gorgeous country.

BTW - glad you explained that the Buck Snort was closed. I looked at the photos before I read the story, and thought you were the lone customer. I think there is an exit ramp off of I-40 in Tennessee leading to Buck Snort.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Except for mud slides, cold, snow, avalanches, snow drifts, road closures, tourist and a growing smog problem in Denver:)

It is beautiful there and have been to CO many times on Bikes, cars and Motorhomes.

Sam:)
No smog problem here. The rest I can somewhat agree with. SO DON'T MOVE OUT HERE. Everybody just STAY OUT.:wink:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Plus one on that! Just leave Colorado to the Greenies!

When I lived in Wyoming, I was a hunter, and we all complained about the Greenies coming to Wyoming to take our critters. In Colorado, we most often gripe about Texans [even though I grew up as a Texan], although I understand from my son who lives in Montrose that on the Western Slope, they complain about Californians.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The population in this great county just keeps growing and the people have to go somewhere so I guess we just have to confince them its California :)

KMGuy

When I left New Mexico, my joke inventory was cut in half - most of my jokes were about Texans. :rofl1:

(I'm gonna pay for this, aren't I?)
My wife commented to my mom that here in Colorado "DamnTexan" is one word. She said that about 30 seconds before finding out that my mom is from Galveston Island. šŸ˜œ if looks could kill!!! Texans take their home state pride serious, and my mom packs a .45 Glock!

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Thanks, always enjoy getting to go along on your rides.

Top Bottom