"Merlot" is back in her former glory.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Things have gone quite rapidly around here. My bike got trashed by a hit and run on Tuesday. I called my dealer with the part numbers and he ordered them Wed. morning. He called Friday and said that the fairing was in as was the engine protector. The mirror was backordered.

Stopped at the dealer As usual everybody was super nice. I picked up the box with my fairing as the Fed-Ex truck pulled in.

The parts manager said, "Have another cup of coffee--we have donuts--your mirror might be on the truck--save you 50 miles"

As luck had it, the mirror was on the truck. This dealer is exceptional. Another one would have said nothing and would call later in the day. They are closed Sunday and Monday--so it would have been Tuesday before I got it.

The bike is fully assembled and no parts were left over.

A hint: When taking off the tupperware, put the screws back as you dis assemble or tape them where they belong. It makes reassembly much easier.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Living in a society where others care about what happens to others beyond what they personally get out of it is a charm. Good luck and may it not need any more work due to some jerk for a long long time. Sail on.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Thanks, Karl. That shop manual was sure a Godsend. I got off easy with $350. Of course, I could have found a better way to spend those $$

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Look at the bright side your vision is good the bike is on the road, Life is good.
Enjoy your ride Sir

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
Good to hear of such a great dealer experience, and that your bike is back in order.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Look at the bright side your vision is good the bike is on the road, Life is good.
Enjoy your ride Sir
That's for sure. The vision is quite a bonus. It went bad so gradually----so when the new lens was put in, it was dramatic. Life is good.

Top Bottom