Metzler M880

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
rear tire was looking a little iffy after our last trip, so the NT got some new shoes.

I was hoping to do this without removing the muffler and the pannier, and even though it was a chore, it worked. Only problem was, when the Prof hit the deer and crashed, the impact tweaked the exhaust and pushed the muffler into the nut on the axle. I removed all the exhaust bolts and loosened up the clamping rings up towards the front. That allowed just enough free play to get an open end wrench on the nut.

Biggest hassle was the caliper. But Pete had gotten home from work at that point and was able to lend a third and fourth hand. lol

The Kendon lift has a small flat topped scissors jack that fits on the lift, and with two trimmed 2x4's, it fit nicely under the pivot point on the centerstand. I was able to lift the back of the bike up enough that the wheels just slipped in under the back plastic.

Pretty happy with how they look, will take it for a test ride on friday to see how they feel.

The front tire still had some life left in it, so it'll be put on the NC when that front tire wears out.

Old vs new.

Top Bottom