Michelin PR4 Front

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Right, I've bitten the bullet and had a new Michelin PR4 fitted on the front.

First impressions are that it has much more grip even though it is new with only 5 miles on it! It also turns much quicker and seems more precise. I've never had this level of confidence before in a new tyre. I would say new, with no miles, it has much more grip than the old BT23 (which did 20,850 miles and probably still had 1,000 miles left on it).

Rain is expected on Monday so I'll see how it performs in the wet.

Motorcycle Consumer News tested the Yamaha FZ-07 that had PR4s on them and didn't like them. They recommended that people try to find a bike with the BT-023s. I wish they'd ridden an FZ-07 with BT-023s!

I have over 10,000 miles on mine now and have been blown away at how much better they have been. I have ridden in everything but frosty roads and the PR4's have been great. On my trip out west I even did over 30 miles of dirt road and they were impressive on everything I have thrown at them. The front looks like new still however the rear took a beating on the straight roads going out west. I believe it still has a couple thousand miles on it where my PR2 rear was lucky to get 8,500. Very happy !

We had the remnants of one of your hurricanes brush Paris this afternoon. A bit of a frog strangler. The new PR4 was amazing, absolutely rock solid. The back which is a BT30 with 2mm left was a bit twitchy.

So all in all, I'm looking forward to winter riding in the rain around Paris.

Motorcycle Consumer News tested the Yamaha FZ-07 that had PR4s on them and didn't like them. They recommended that people try to find a bike with the BT-023s. I wish they'd ridden an FZ-07 with BT-023s!

The FZ-09 had PR3s which they did not like.

Back
Top Bottom