Mirror extenders: Intital (half) impressions

MaggieMan

I received the 1" mirror extensions I bought from eBay and installed the right-hand side one, only, today. I wanted to directly compare the rear-view with and without the extension. Exit to a little 30 mile round trip to a neighboring town for an errand.

1st, let me say that there is nothing "wrong" with the view from the stock factory mirror length ... I just felt it was a little "cramped". I like them, or rather, it, a lot! Who would have thought one little inch would open up things so much? The left-side extension will go on after I finish writing this. Now in multi-lane situations I can see not only what's coming up beside me, but the eyes of the person driving directly behind me.

At $32+/- they are definitely overpriced by a factor of at least 3X ... but what farkles aren't? They are not custom made for the NT and it shows, however they don't look too bad and are small and pretty unobtrusive. The psychological comfort of knowing more about what's going on behind me is worth it. If you are okay with the rear-view you have now, they might not be.

Scott

Top Bottom