MOESOF seat

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
I discovered this add-on saddle device linked on HondaProKevin today. It appears to simulate the very high quality Russell Day Long (RDL) custom saddles at a dramatically lower cost. The concept is designed to support your butt over a much wider platform than factory saddles, reducing pressure points, and therefore numbness and pain.
I have personally used an AirHawk inflatable saddle pad for more than five years on several bikes. On my bony arse it helps somewhat, but I still squirm constantly trying to avoid discomfort. Reviews of RDL saddles have always sounded like the gold standard for long distance motorcycle riding, but at an out of reach price for me.
The reviews of the MOESOF are few, although very positive. I am desperate enough to ride pain and numbness free, that I will be the forum guinea pig. I ordered one today for $127.00 incl. free shipping from their website: MOESOF.COM. I hope to have it in time for a few test rides before departing for Spearfish. And, I REALLY, TRULY hope it will improve the long distance riding comfort of my Honda. We’ll see.
My review forthcoming.

OP
OP
Yoda

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
Seat arrived while I was out of town, so my first test ride was early this week.
A four hour, 140 mile jaunt into the beautiful Jemez Mtns North of Albuquerque let me know it is an improvement over previous efforts.

I am going to leave the Airhawk at home and trust the MOESOF for the next two weeks.

So far, the only downside is mounting/ dismounting with my huge drybag strapped on the back seat. But, that’s acceptable if the long distance comfort is improved.

More to follow.

OP
OP
Yoda

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
I just returned yesterday from 3126 miles and 11 days on my Honda CB500X. From my home in New Mexico, I rode to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. And several good days in and around Spearfish, SD. Lots of beautiful places, challenging mountain roads, and cold, wet weather. And a LOT of time in the saddle. My longest day was 507 miles.

The verdict? MOESOF solved MY sore butt problem. Period. YMMV.

I had used an Airhawk R seat for years, but it just didn’t offer much relief. And, a sheepskin on top of the Airhawk wasn’t any better. MOESOF supports my butt cheeks and thighs so all my weight gets spread around, not concentrated. No more tingling or 14351numbness.

The MOESOF was comfortable right from the beginning. It was quick and easy to install. It did require a change in mount / dismount technique, because of the mountain of gear I carry on the back seat. Not a problem, just different.

Sent from my iPad

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I had meant to look at your saddle in Spearfish and completely forgot to do it. I'm glad it's working for you. It's definitely cheaper than my Russell!

Top Bottom