Moki Dugway

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
So, there's a bit of thread creep from the NC700 thread on the Dugway. I googled it and looked for pics of this steep drop off that was mentioned. I did see a couple pics from across the way looking down at the downhill portion, but, really, it doesn't look that steep. And the roadbed sure does look well maintained. Anyone have a pic from the top of this thing looking at the drop? Seems like a road I need to take.

Trying to compare to one of the roads we regularly ride on. Dirt and rock, rutted, with a nice ramp down to the tracks. Unmaintained county road is about 10' wide with a 100' drop off on one side.

This is the nice part of the downhill. further down is rain rutted and full of pot holes and 4" tall pieces of imbedded rock jutting out from the ruts. We always stop at the top and make sure no one is coming up before we head down. Kind of interesting when that happens. :)

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
And the pics on youtube do nothing to prepare you for it in person. If you want to be less 'put off' by it, approach it the first time from the bottom. Not as intimidating. :)

FWIW, when my brother and I rode down it we met 4 harley's with ape hangers who had just rode up it.

If you ignore the drop, it is a nice dirt road that is fairly steep and is well maintained. Can't say what it would be like after a lot of runoff, but, probably not bad at all. Heck, if a semi can make it down, jsut about anything can :)

Top Bottom