National Oil Change day

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Record heat in Spokane today. Snow is gone. Split some wood, trimmed lots of trees, and changed oil in three bikes. What will the world be like when I next go touring on them?
a oil change day 1.JPG
a national oil change day 3.JPG
a oil day.JPG

No oil changes here but on Thursday, they're predicting a high of 58 F after weeks and weeks of 30s and 40s. It must be that band of warm air coming from Spokane?

Whatever, I'll take it and am planning to ride with pals. :)

56 here. Could be 56 again on Wednesday.....Normal is now in the 30s and we loose 2 degrees of "Normal" over the next week but this whole week is above normal, they say. The only issue is not seeing the sun in weeks. Did see a few "cracks" in the overcast though. Here above the Arctic circle, the sun will rise at 7:13 am and set at 4:01 pm, after clawing its way to 21 degrees above the horizon.
a trim.jpg

You're at 47 degrees north and I'm at 40 degrees north - roughly equivalent to Reno. Our sunrise times are close to yours but sunset is much later here.

I only have one evergreen tree and the rest of my trees have leaves that fall (deciduous) so that's been my daily task about 3-days a week. :mad:

Last edited:
We're at 72 today. My bike is in the shop and I'll get it tomorrow. But the rest of the next two weeks will have highs in the 60s and 50s. No rain, no snow predicted.

That's pretty warm for CO in early-Dec isn't it?

With the exception of our weird and warm Thursday this week, the temps for the next two weeks are in the low-40s and high-30s.

That's pretty warm for CO in early-Dec isn't it?

With the exception of our weird and warm Thursday this week, the temps for the next two weeks are in the low-40s and high-30s.

It is indeed. Today only got to 51, but tomorrow will be back into the 60s. We're getting worried about the lack of moisture. The snowpack had better get deeper or everyone down the Colorado is going to have dry year next year.

To follow up on Phil's posts, it ended up being over 72 degrees today here in the Denver area. Flew to breakfast this morning with the seat heat on in the plane, collected and mulched 2 acres worth of leaves mid-day, went for a short ride on my NT, and then washed an SUV in my driveway before the sun went down. Definitely NOT a typical December 1st day's worth of activities!

The lack of snow is all my fault. I bought a condo at a ski resort a few months ago and bought my first season pass to ski in over a decade. Yep, definitely jinxed it! :cool:

I wondered whose fault the weather was! I went for a 150 mile ride today with Ken Malone (RedBird on the Forum). Report upcoming.

Took my big Versys out south east of me. Rode to Elbert and a few miles south of there. Turned around and just wondered around on my way back. Total, 3 and a half hours and 120 miles. Tomorrow might take the V-Strom 650 out for a spin into the foothills. Loving this weather.

I wondered whose fault the weather was! I went for a 150 mile ride today with Ken Malone (RedBird on the Forum). Report upcoming.

We have your wet weather “down under”.

We are in a “El Nina” and will have wet weather all summer.

A lot of the East Coast of Australia is flooded, farmers have lost their first good harvest after many years of drought and the forecast is for more rain in the coming months.

Seagrass

We have your wet weather “down under”.

We are in a “El Nina” and will have wet weather all summer.

A lot of the East Coast of Australia is flooded, farmers have lost their first good harvest after many years of drought and the forecast is for more rain in the coming months.

Seagrass
Seattle got 10 inches last month. lots of damage...most missed Spokane but we got some. Snow on Monday. (Wildfire in central Montana took out a house)
I am going to have to go back to recording the BBC. I am so sorry about your rain. The US Nat news talks about stupid stuff and doesnt care about the rest of the world. You wont believe me but the national news (ABC) this morning spent six minutes talking to some dumb actor whose movie production company hired a bimbo as a old west movie armorer who used real guns for a movie shoot instead of hiring a proffesional movie armorer company that uses prop guns that only fire blanks.....

Last edited:
The boob that held the pistol now maintains that he did not have his finger on the trigger....it must have been the pistols fault ... Yeah.. right.....!

Mike

Just fine, I have an obd bluetooth to connect and then the motoscan app. Cleared the service reminder, all good now.
But the ECU require any change code after break-in period or is that already programed in?

Back
Top Bottom