Need alittle help with tools

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I took my Connie tool list and am creating an NT list but I need a bit of help.....
Some things can be deleted here and I dont know the sparking plug socket size....
For instance, do I need a 19 mm wrench and socket?
Here's the list.....let me know of anything I really dont need....

NT tool set.doc
Screw driver set with bit assortment including standard, phillips, posi, torx, etc
Shorty screwdrivers Phillips and flat head and side wratched screw driver
Combo Wrenches: 8,10,12,13,14,15,17,19mm
?”- 3/8" drive sockets:7, 8,10,12,13,14,15,17,19, 22 , 27mm
?” to 3/8” drive adapter, 3/8” breaker bar
Allen wrench set and 3/8” drive Allen HEX BIT SOCKETS ,5,6,8,10, 12, 14mm
Metric hex combo set.
??mm spark plug socket
2 ea. 3” & 6” ?” extensions

27 mm closed end wrench with pipe extension
6” crescent wrench
Needle nose pliers
Internal and External ring pliers- 3/8" breaker bar (with 3/8" to 1/2" adaptor att.)
- 3/8" to 1/2" adaptor
- 1/4" ratchet drive (with 1/4" to 3/8" adaptor att.)
- 1/4" to 3/8" adaptor (attach to above)
- combo needle nose / wire cutter pliers/crimper
- channel locks

- Baggie containing:
- spare wire
- small assortment of electrical connectors
- zip ties
- electrical tape
- duct tape

Tire repair kits , electrical air pump and can of Tire Jack.
Volt meter
Gremlin Bell

Last edited:

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
This is a list of the Tools which come with the European Deauville NT700

Tool List

WIRE. HELMET SETTING
BAG. TOOL
WRENCH. BOX (8MM)
HANDLE. EYE WRENCH. 12MM
WRENCH. PLUG (16.5)
WRENCH. HEX.. 5MM
SPANNER. 8
SPANNER. 10X12
WRENCH. EYE. 17
WRENCH. EYE. 10X12
DRIVER 1. PLUS SCREWDRIVER (Phillips)
DRIVER 3. MINUS SCREWDRIVER (Standard blade)
GRIP. SCREW DRIVER

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The plug wrench is 16.5?????
In the US, we dont get a tool kit...I dont think it is even an option...wonder what it costs to buy over there and have it shipped?
If you added up all those prices from HB you would be over 40 pounds plus shipping.....ouch!

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I lot of your stuff is unnecessary unless you're planning to help a friend who is riding a Euro bike because Hondas don't have bolts/nuts that require 7 mm, 13 mm, 15 mm, and 17 mm. The latter size is only needed for the crankcase drain plug but changing the oil on a trip is hardly what I'd call a roadside repair. There is something (?) that requires a 7 mm but I believe it's a switch and nothing you'd mess with on a trip.

Sizes above 17 mm are unnecessary and I even wonder if a wrench that fits the rear axle nut is necessary because removing the rear wheel at roadside is something I'd avoid at all costs. I've had my rear wheel off three times, each time in the comfort of my garage and the last two times using my Harbor Freight lift/w dropout panel for rear wheel. Doing it at roadside would be a multi-hour chore involving lots of cuss words!

The spark plug socket is 5/8" and for the right side, it requires a 3" long extension to get past the frame bracing. Any longer than 3" and you run out of space.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The plug wrench is 16.5?????
In the US, we dont get a tool kit...I dont think it is even an option...wonder what it costs to buy over there and have it shipped?
If you added up all those prices from HB you would be over 40 pounds plus shipping.....ouch!
I purchased the OEM tool kit from a UK dealer. See above post for a list. It was not cheap. If I remember correctly around $80.00 US. You have to purchase each tool indivdually. It includes everything you might need for an emergency repair and nothing you don't. They did leave out the 22 and 27mm wrenches for the wheel nuts. I assume they figure that's not a roadside repair. I bought them seperately from Cruz tools.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
You guys are right...you would have to be pretty desparate to use the 22 or 27 mm alongside the road....or even in a motel parking lot. Call me superstitious, but if you carry them, you wont need them....

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I purchased the OEM tool kit from a UK dealer. See above post for a list. It was not cheap. If I remember correctly around $80.00 US. You have to purchase each tool indivdually. It includes everything you might need for an emergency repair and nothing you don't. They did leave out the 22 and 27mm wrenches for the wheel nuts. I assume they figure that's not a roadside repair. I bought them seperately from Cruz tools.
You guys are right...you would have to be pretty desparate to use the 22 or 27 mm alongside the road....or even in a motel parking lot. Call me superstitious, but if you carry them, you wont need them....
I have a couple versions of these for my bike tool kit which are very nice and easy to pack:

http://www.amazon.com/CRUZTOOLS-COMBO-AXLE-WRENCH-22mm/dp/B005U80C0K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1337771516&sr=8-3

I also have one of these in the garage which gets much more use than I ever thought it would and will be giving a couple away at NatSTOC:

http://www.amazon.com/CruzTools-PackWrench-3-Way-Wrench-Metric/dp/B00028A97E/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1337771695&sr=1-2

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
As a vintage bike rider the main use for my on bike tool kit is not to do repairs as such but mostly to tighten up nuts and bolts that are always coming loose due to vibration. I am sure that the NT will not have as much of a problem but I still like having the tools just in case. I do carry the Cruz 22X27 combo wrench just in case a wheel nut comes loose but its unlikey I would use it to remove a wheel.

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I do carry a wrench for the axle. When I did my first tire change I did it on the patio with no extra supports. If I have to do one "in the field" I'll follow techniques from the GUzzi world, just lay it on it's side. Jacket or some clothing under the side case will keep it from getting dinged up.

But, have never had to remove a tubeless wheel. Just plug and go.

As long as I carry the wrench I figure I'll never need it. :)

bicyclist

Chris, the plug wrench is a standard 5/8".

edit: nevermind, I see Dirtflier already posted the info. Helps to read all the way through the posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Joe,

Thanks for postinig that axle wrench tool source I just ordered one . LOL I hope I will never need it on the road but having it is good insurance that it won't be needed.

Eldon

elizilla

This forum is still spending my money even though I sold the NT - I ordered the T-handle 8/10/12mm wrench he posted. :)

At least I did dig a little deeper on Amazon and found another listing for the same tool for less money. I didn't like to pay $8.50 shipping fee on a $14.95 item with the posted one, so I found one for $17.88 and free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I like that first tool...looks well made and with an extension would be good at breaking loose the rear axel nut....
I made some interesting purchases today in the way of making up a tool kit....when the rest of the tools come in,
I will make a picture post of what I am going to carry to perform simple and emergency maintenace on my bike and those
of my riding companions....

Sorry for my terminology issue which I have corrected in bold in the list....I see that 5,6 and 8 mm Hex bit sockets are
needed....anyone see any reason for anything larger like 10,12, and 14?

Last edited:
Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Joe,

Thanks for postinig that axle wrench tool source I just ordered one . LOL I hope I will never need it on the road but having it is good insurance that it won't be needed.

Eldon
I also purchased one but from a source in the UK as Amazon will not ship all items to Australia

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
This forum is still spending my money even though I sold the NT - I ordered the T-handle 8/10/12mm wrench he posted. :)

At least I did dig a little deeper on Amazon and found another listing for the same tool for less money. I didn't like to pay $8.50 shipping fee on a $14.95 item with the posted one, so I found one for $17.88 and free shipping.
Thanks, I didn't look at all the available ones, just grabbed the 1st link in my search.

Top Bottom