Need sites

The Fig

Need some sites so i can order luggage accesories......thanks for any type of info or help

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What kind of accessories are you looking for? Twisted Throttle has some really good stuff, IMNSHO. The Bags Connections tank bags that fit the NT mount with a lock ring that attaches to the gas cap surround -- I've got two of those, the City Bag for long trips and the DayPack2 for around town and my usual needs.

They've also got what I hope is as great drybag set up, the Dry-Spec D-66 waterproof modular packing system. I ordered that this week and it's back-ordered till May 3, but it looks great and if you check out Mellow's how to pack your camping stuff on the Camping group of threads, you'll see how well they work for that kind of use.

I also have one of the CooCase Astra 48-liter trunks that I got from Twisted Throttle. If I was buying again, I might buy a Givi trunk. The CooCase works fine, but I have had some troubles with the two I've had. Twisted Throttle has backed them 100% with warranty protection.

loonytuna

I also have one of the CooCase Astra 48-liter trunks that I got from Twisted Throttle. If I was buying again, I might buy a Givi trunk. The CooCase works fine, but I have had some troubles with the two I've had. Twisted Throttle has backed them 100% with warranty protection.
What trouble with the coocase?

I had a v37 and I just put an astra on the bike last week.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My biggest problem was with my first one. The bottom broke out of it! It stayed attached to the bike because of the back latch. TT contacted CC and they got me a new bag very quickly. All they wanted was to know when it had been made. When I checked the new one, I learned that it had been made the same month (I think November of 2007) as the one that broke. But it's doing fine at the moment.

The second problem I had didn't constitute a problem for me. The auto-locking feature, which is supposed to lock the case within 10-15 seconds after closing it doesn't work on my new bag. When I realized that, I breathed a sigh of relief because I didn't like that feature on my first trunk. I want to get in the trunk without having to dig around down below the handlebars for the electronic fob. So not having that work is great for me. Now I have one less thing (the fob) on my key ring and when I need or want to lock the trunk, I just use the key.

The 3rd problem arose because I had installed Admore LED lights in the CooCase. They are tied into the tail light and the brake lights and add considerable visibility to the rear of the bike. But one day a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that they weren't working unless I pressed down on the box really hard.

I called TT and the tech I spoke to said that he's almost guarantee that it was the connector on the bottom of the CooCase and got a new one in the mail to me. It came, I watched the connector plug replacement video and changed the plug out. It did take me a bit more than the 5 minutes TT's tech told me it would take, but that didn't surprise me.

The Admores are back to full functionality.

I'm happy with the CooCase. But if the second one breaks, a Givi will take its place. :)

loonytuna

The whole bottom breaking is disconcerting but probably a fluke.

The good thing is that twisted throttle lived up to their reputation, stood behind the product and got you fixed quickly.

My experience with them has been great.

I just put the astra on and I'm sure my wife will putt it to the test, jamming it full of NECESSARY items ! lol

It is a replacement for another coocase, with which I had no trouble, so I can endorse them.

Thanks for the reply and to anyone needing "stuff " I'd recommend TT for most things.

Top Bottom