Need yer' thinking caps

johnha

The NT has been apart on the lift for a number of weeks. The valves are done, the Blue Sea fuse panel installed, the LED lights are installed and wired, as is the headlight modulator. Remaining is the Audiovox Electronic Cruise. There's the rub as this is really the one that is a necessity. The shoulder is so lousy that on anything more than a half day it is really a great mod.

Anyway, I broke new ground being the 1st to install on a V65 Sabre some years ago. I put one on the ST1100 5 years ago so I'm not new to this mod.

The problem on the NT is space. Honda's engineers left very little room and the throttle connection may kill this mod. On the ST I fabbed an armature and tapped it into the crank pulley, but there doesn't appear to be enough space to do this on the NT. I looked at the parts list for the Austalian company that makes one for the NT (wish I had the bucks) and it appears that their solution is a new dual pulley crank pulley.

I was leaning towards fabbing something like this by getting a spare pulley, grinding it flat and tapping it onto the outside of the existing pulley, but Honda doesn't sell it separate from the throttle body.

Ideas? or anyone got an old carb rack they'd be willing to part with a pulley from?

Bike
2010 ABS Silver
I haven't looked that hard in that area yet, so I can't offer any engineering help, but I have a question for you. Are you using the vacuum or electrical version and why? I would think the electrical version would be easier to install so you don't have to fab and install a vacuum chamber, but there may be reasons not to use it I am not aware.

Thank you for your pioneering!

Mike

OP
OP

johnha

The main reason I would not be using the the electrical version would be I would have to add a signal divider to the VSS, since the max setting for the Audiovox is 8000 PPM. Also, I the two I have done were done on non-VSS equipped bikes so they were both based on vacuum (built a reservoir for both) and each kept the speed spot on to where I set it and kept it there.

Bike
2010 ABS Silver
I am a bit confused, I guessed you were going to use the CCS-100 unit, is that correct? That tops out at 8K on VSS. The Audiovox 250-1316 tops out at 36.8K and is all electric. I have been doing some research into this and have read many how-to's using the ccs-100, but not much else more modern. Trying to make sense of the whole matter.

Mike

Top Bottom