New 500

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I read somewhere that the entire US allocation of 2013 NC700s, CB500s, and CBR250s have been ordered by dealers which is a good sign for the motorcycle industry. The low MSRPs on these bikes make them attractive to newbies which is what the motorcycle industry needs to rebuild its consumer base. According to the May Cycle World magazine, Honda's best selling bike in the US last year was the CBR250 followed closely by the NC700X.

Selling motorcycles to mostly males who are 50+ and have pre-conceived ideas about motorcycles (like us!) is a short road.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I read somewhere that the entire US allocation of 2013 NC700s, CB500s, and CBR250s have been ordered by dealers which is a good sign for the motorcycle industry. The low MSRPs on these bikes make them attractive to newbies which is what the motorcycle industry needs to rebuild its consumer base. According to the May Cycle World magazine, Honda's best selling bike in the US last year was the CBR250 followed closely by the NC700X.

Selling motorcycles to mostly males who are 50+ and have pre-conceived ideas about motorcycles (like us!) is a short road.
Agree with what you say, However lets not forget about us Old Guys as we are the ones with the money and time to ride. Give me an Updated ST1300 and NT700. I have a 10 year old ST1300 with over 100k miles that wants to be replaced and an NT that need a 4 cylinder motor. If Honda would do that then I would buy two bikes from them. And while they are at it throw in a couple of good duel sport/adventure bikes. :eek:

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
But guys, we are a niche market. We know what we want. And most of us, if we choose, can afford two specialized machines. On the other hand, if Honda or anyone else for that matter can hit the right price point, they can sell practically anything to a new rider. I mean, for heavy iron touring, they have the Wing. For nearly everyone else in that category, Honda can accessorize a cruiser into a not bad touring machine.

They have the 250 and 500's for the newbs. And they have the 500's and NC's for the returning rider.

Me? I would rather not buy an orphan and I would also like to see an updated NT and ST - especially if Honda put them on a diet and shaved off a little weight. Otherwise, #2 on a very short list will probably be an FJR

Top Bottom