New Battery

I went out to start the bike this morning and it said, No thank you, it's too cold out there. I knew this was coming as my gauge has been going back to the odometer reading from the trip meter for a while now. How much will I have to pay for a new OEM battery? What is the part number?

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I stayed with yuasa oem battery, about $188. don't have time to look have to run, but 14S is in #

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Barry,

The model number is: YTZ14S. If you're ordering it from a Honda dealer, the Honda part number is: 31500-MCR-DO2AH

I swapped for a new battery on my NT late last year and last week replaced the battery in Deb's NT. In both cases, the battery still cranked the bike OK but 7 years on the original battery is a long time!

Tosh

Bike
Black 2009 NT700
Eight and a half years on the original, still good.
When fully charged (after a ride) it still tests at better than 85% of original capacity.
I have the equipment to do that accurately.
Unless it fails unexpectedly (which CAN happen) I have no plans to change it in the foreseeable future.

Macka

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
You might want to look at a Motocross battery. Its made by Yuasa in Japan and it costs less than the Yuasa branded battery. $121.00 at Batterystuff.com.

https://www.batterystuff.com/powersports-batteries/YTZ14S.html

I bought a Scorpion battery from the same company and it was $69.95. Made in China. Same specs and size as the OEM battery. So far its working fine and holding its charge well.

Make sure whatever battery you buy that you charge it well before installing it. It should measure, after at least 1/2 hour rest, 13.0 volts. If its lower than that put it back on the charger. Don't trust the lights on your charger that says its fully charged.

ChiaroStudio

Okay, I hope this doesn't sound as stupid to you all as it does to me, but I'm new to the NT and to LiIon batteries. My 73K 210 NT came to me with a BikeMaster LiIon battery, which failed completely and unexpectedly 3 weeks ago. I had left the bike in the garage for a couple of days due to heavy rain, and when I hit the button, a couple of halfhearted cranks then nothing. On the charger, it seemed to juice right back up, but left off the charger, went flat again in a matter of hours.
SO, all knee-jerk, I ordered a new Ballistic Performance LiIon from Bike Bandit. It reads fully charged, but hooked up I get NOTHING, even if I hook the charger up. No lights, no odometer, nuttin.
Now, I've installed dozens of batteries on bikes over the years, and it's always been plug-and-play. The only big difference that occurs to me is that ALL my old bikes were 1983 or older. All the computers and fuel injection, etc, are WAY over my head. WTH am I missing?

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Check the easy stuff first. Is the kill switch set to run? Check fuses. It is possible a fuse was blown while charging or changing the battery. Is the polarity the same on the new battery? make sure + and - are hooked up correctly. Also check the battery to ground connection.
After that you may need to probe around with a voltmeter.

Brad

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Check the starter button as these get some corrosion and stop the headlight and starter circuit from working. A spray with WD40 or contact cleaner normally fixes the problem.

When you push the starter button on the NT700, the lighting circuit is disengaged so that the starter has full power available from battery.

Seagrass

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
My battery died earlier this year. I replaced it with a NAPA Battery for $90.00

Top Bottom