New BMW Cruiser?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I rather like the looks of the engine, but the rest of the bike? Meh.
\
Mike

OP
OP
tawilke46

tawilke46

Well, got to give BMW credit to venture back into the world of cruisers, even if they don't build it.
An exercise in engineering and design none the less.......

The design is similar to the Confederate motorcycles. These bikes were meant to do short "cruises", mainly in town, and no longer than 30 minutes. Otherwise you cook your legs.

Admittedly though, not our kind of bike.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I'll wait and see if James Bond rides one. Looking at the suspension it might just might bring new meaning to "shaken not stirred"....:eek1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Well, just to be the dissenter here -- For a cruiser, I do like it. Now and then I think about a Guzzi, but I don't think they're light enough for me.

If I were ever to ride a cruiser-ish bike, it would have to be distinctly different from the typical V-Twin.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I don't think the NT is very cruiser-ish. Consider ergonomics: feet down, not up, not out in front. Seating position -- upright to a small forward lean. Hands down from the shoulders not at shoulder level, etc., etc.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
It also seems that Piaggio has decided to make Moto Guzzi the 'cruiser' side of the business. The California and a new Ambasador will be choices. Seems like the might even come out with another bike on that platform, kinda like the Indian Scout. We keep wondering if they will update the Norge or come up with another sportier bike to replace the aging Griso. Even the Stelvio is getting 'old'.

I think they will keep Aprilla around for the sporting segment and the Guzzi line for us old farts.

Now, if they would only solve their instrument cluster issues and they'd be a good choice :)

Top Bottom