New GIVI Top Box

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Looks really nice--that box is huge! I notice the Vietnam Vet sticker. I was also there-69 to 70. Combat Medic, 173Rd ABN Bde (Sep)

OP
OP
Rotorhead
I finished my first tour about 6 months before TET, then went back for a second helping two years later. Before flight school, I was a 91D

Thanks for your service.

My case is a V-46. Some of the folks here have the larger E-55

Igo

Bought this last week from Jim in Seattle, and the mount from Twisted Throttle. Easy install in about an hour, and I'm very pleased with it.
Is this the V46? That's what I ordered.
Looks nice.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Case looks good. It is the one I am considering. If it took you an hour to put on, I should be able to do it in a week or so.:rofl1:

maxweljames

Looking good. I think the entire line of larger GIVI's compliment the NT so well. Good lines, colors match, blends with the bike nicely. Now if I could only get my hands on a GIVI helmet here in the USA. lol

Igo

I wish a GIVI would hurry up and compliment my NT. The third one is on its way now.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wish a GIVI would hurry up and compliment my NT. The third one is on its way now.
I'm glad you can still kinda' laugh about it. It's to the point that I may never buy anything from Givi again. I'm returning the Givi bag I bought that came without all the parts needed to install it and buying the Bags Connection Engage Sport bag. It'll be here Friday. Twisted Throttle's Amanda sent me a return UPS label to return the Givi stuff. That'll go back tomorrow.

Igo

If this one doesn't work GIVI and I will be done. I think GIVI has taken allot of hits here with just our two post. For a minute I was questioning Twisted Throttle. They were talking to you but ignoring my statements of concern right next to you. I also send several emails but when I called then yesterday they hadn't heard a think from me. But the phone call got things moving for the 3rd box and a tracking number already generated. I hope it all works out for you too. I have a trip starting in about 10 days but I have other means of securing my wares if the box doesn't make it.

elizilla

I'm amazed that they're having such trouble getting an undamaged case out to you.

I've found their stuff to be incredibly stout - I don't know how the UPS gorillas could break it beyond usability even if it were shipped without a box. I've dropped my bikes on the cases and they weren't even scratched, and I've loaded them way beyond their limits and given them serious jouncing from bad roads, and never had anything break or wear out. I have a case that I loaned to my friend Jennifer, and she threw her bike down the road and it slid on the case. Jennifer broke her ankle, but the case? It was scratched but still quite serviceable. I will note that it takes a LONG time to get parts such as replacement lids - entire cases come quickly but spares parts seem to come on the slow boat from Italy.

The failure to put the right thing in the box, like Phil has? Seems to be endemic. Remember last year I had trouble with that myself - I ordered a Monokey topcase rack for the NT, and received a Monolock topcase rack in a box labeled with the Monokey part number. At around the same time I also had trouble with SW-Motech putting the wrong thing in the box, and the Givi folks fixed their error a lot quicker than Twisted Throttle fixed the SW-Motech error - in fact I eventually gave up just like Phil is doing and got the MCL bar risers instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

bicyclist

Looks good. I like the V46 I have on my F800, however, it didn't come with the pad that came in the bottom of the Honda case on my NT. They're both nice boxes.

elizilla

Givi makes good stuff---maybe best there is for bikes. My E-46 has over 500,000 miles in daily use on several if not many bikes.

Mine has hole in top for dog's head....he likes it as long as not too hot.

John Grinsel
:worthless:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I had an E-46 that I used for 165,000 miles on my two Connies. It was kind of a faded black by the time I sold it with the bike, but still worked great. The pad I had in the bottom of mine was an old piece of carpet remnant. When I threw Connie # 1 down the road, the Givi was unscathed. Of course, everything from the middle of the fuel tank back was unscathed except for me. Everything from the middle of the fuel tank forward was about as scathed as you can get.

Igo

I'm amazed that they're having such trouble getting an undamaged case out to you.

I've found their stuff to be incredibly stout - I don't know how the UPS gorillas could break it beyond usability even if it were shipped without a box. I've dropped my bikes on the cases and they weren't even scratched, and I've loaded them way beyond their limits and given them serious jouncing from bad roads, and never had anything break or wear out. I have a case that I loaned to my friend Jennifer, and she threw her bike down the road and it slid on the case. Jennifer broke her ankle, but the case? It was scratched but still quite serviceable. I will note that it takes a LONG time to get parts such as replacement lids - entire cases come quickly but spares parts seem to come on the slow boat from Italy.

The failure to put the right thing in the box, like Phil has? Seems to be endemic. Remember last year I had trouble with that myself - I ordered a Monokey topcase rack for the NT, and received a Monolock topcase rack in a box labeled with the Monokey part number. At around the same time I also had trouble with SW-Motech putting the wrong thing in the box, and the Givi folks fixed their error a lot quicker than Twisted Throttle fixed the SW-Motech error - in fact I eventually gave up just like Phil is doing and got the MCL bar risers instead.
My first case came in a crushed package. I knew the case was going to be damaged before I opened the packaging. The second case had the latch built without the spring. Nothing wrong with the overall design. If there was I wouldn't be looking for the 3rd box. No big deal, unless the third one gets here with issues. It will be here Monday.

elizilla

My first case came in a crushed package. I knew the case was going to be damaged before I opened the packaging. The second case had the latch built without the spring. Nothing wrong with the overall design. If there was I wouldn't be looking for the 3rd box. No big deal, unless the third one gets here with issues. It will be here Monday.
So how is the third box?

Igo

It is just perfect. Fact is, Twisted Throttle sent me a video on how to latch it and I admit I had no idea how it worked until I saw the video and this may have been my problem with the second one. I can't confirm that because it is on its way back to Twisted Throttle but I gave this one a 100 mile test today and it's solid as a rock. Latches great too. : )

Igo

It makes me feel like the bike is ready to cover some serious ground. You know the Utah ride is just 5 weeks away. That will be another great one and not too many bugs either. LOL.

Top Bottom