New Honda Models... based on NC700 technology... coming soon

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
Now this is really interesting. I really like the NC 700 technology but worry abit about it being comfortable for my 2 up touring passion. This could be taken care of. Can hardly wait to see.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Lets hope they are shaft drive and not so low that they look like a DN01. Sometimes Honda comes out with really goofy stuff.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I'd heard that the NC700 was somewhat designed from a Honda Fit engine, just cut down to 2 cylinders. I predict the 2013 Honda discussed here will simply be a 3 cylinder version of the Honda Fit engine, ~1050cc. I also reserve the right to be completly wrong.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Lets hope they are shaft drive and not so low that they look like a DN01. Sometimes Honda comes out with really goofy stuff.
LOL! Warren, that's exactly what I thought when I read the statement and the description of the image that was flashed on the screen.

AmericanRecluse

"An image flashed on screen during the presentation at this point showed a stylised silhouette sketch of a long, low touring bike with what appeared to be faired-in front and rear wheels." Sure, tease me.

Bike
choosing
I get the impression that Honda is veering towards "mid sized" motorcycles.
They discontinued the 1800 cruiser. It was a brute but a very nice bike. They
are pouring all their cruiser effort into 750 and 1300 models. Friendly Honda in
Baton Rouge has a blue Fury right inside the front window that is beautiful.
No thanks, I will keep what I have. I think the only big bike Honda will make is
the Wing.

Joe

The term new concept is interesting. Obviously Honda is aware of the lack of success of the DN-1 so a repeat is unlikely. I read the tea leaves as something along the line of the BMW scooters which blur the line between motorcycles and scooters. The motor now that is very interesting. Torquey they say. Is the era of the oversquare bore and hyper rpm over? We shall see.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I'm surprised they haven't announced the CrossTourer for the U.S. yet, given the growth in the Adv segment. Maybe they just want to give it a year in Europe first.

Will be curious to see what momma Honda comes out with.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I'm surprised they haven't announced the CrossTourer for the U.S. yet, given the growth in the Adv segment. Maybe they just want to give it a year in Europe first.
That's kinda what Yamaha did with the Super Tenere, worked out for me.. there were a couple issues that the European segment got to refine and we get the improvements.. minor stuff but would have been a hassle so I'm okay with them testing out the bugs first.

Top Bottom