New LED Lights Installed

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Greetings,
A few weeks ago I installed additional LED lights on the NT. Rigid Industries D2....2600 lumens. Also have the Denali 2 installed on the tip-over wings, and all together, these lights bright up the night as nothing else.
First time I drove in darkness with these new lights I was in amazement. My install may not get a beauty award, but they do the job. Thanks to my new undercowl, I was provided a mount location on the undercowl bracket that goes around the square bike frame and I fabricated an "L" bracket to attach the lights. May change out some hardware later to improve the look....

I found these lights at a local job safety store and they had them on display all hooked up for me to test. Plus, their pricing was the best I had found at the time of purchase at $349/pair.
I hooked them up so that on low beam, Denali 2 come on at half intensity, and on high beam, Denali 2 are full intensity, and the Rigid D2s are on. We don't have a lot of darkness in Alaska during our riding season, but on the fall side starting August and on through early October these are really nice to have to avoid wild life.

If you need good lights I really recommend these.
http://www.rigidindustries.com/D2-Set-of-two-p/twod2s.htm

freezingalaskan

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Wow! Dem's some bright lights! I don't think the installation is bad-looking at all.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
The install looks pretty good! I know how dark it gets out there for you guys out West. You definitely can use all the candle power you can find while riding after dark out there. Those of use east coast guys probably don't quite understand the need as we wouldn't be able to use that kinda power very often due to all the traffic (even at 2am!).

Nice job!! You got any "on/off" pics of the illumination effects? Is the draw of 28 watts for 1 light or the pair? Wow those are the biggest (most light producing) LEDs I've seen. I think you might vaporize the little forest rats down here in the lower 48. ;)

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Yup, looks nice and tidy to me... I have the RI 6" vector SR light bar on the Tenere and it's a nice addition of lights, very tough housings.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
yeah looks pretty good to me. do you wire them to the same switch as the denalis or keep them separate? that's certainly a lot of light to spot the moose!!

OP
OP
freezingalaskan
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I think they draw 28W each and I don't have any pics from the seat yet. I might try to get a youtube video posted on this.....a first for me, but I can probably figure that out.
I installed them separately from the Denali D2s but all high beam lights turn on with the original high beam switch. I do have a three-button switch on the brake oil housing in order to turn off the Denali D2 completely.
The Rigid light always come on with the high beam switch.

First time I turned these on was on a twisty road between Anchorage and Girdwood. It goes along the ocean and it is a very beautiful stretch. After passing vehicles and turning on my high beams, I can only imagine the cagers' reaction when I seemed to produce more light than their cars. I was so pleased I laughed outloud.

freezingalaskan

Top Bottom