I just picked up a clean 2010 in red with 8k miles. Currently have an r1100rt and frankly got tired of all the quirks associated with it. Happy to find this site, and associated info about this bike. Getting it sorted out now, new fluids and such. It will be my regular commuter, 80 miles/day.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Welcome to the NT and to our Forum. I always wanted an RT, but the closest I ever came was with two '99 Kawasaki Concours that I rode for 165K miles. I bought my 1st NT in '10 and rode it till '20. After putting 139K on it, I traded it for an almost identical '10 that only had 22K on the clock, even though it was 16 serial numbers only. I haven't ridden in over a year because of health issues I had last spring and early summer. Then I caught Covid in August and gave it to my wife. It accelerated her Alzheimer's and now she's in a memory care facility and I'm struggling with getting her onto Medicaid so I can afford her care. I hope to be riding again within a month or so. You will enjoy your bike (even though it's the slower red version :cool: ).

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Welcome and enjoy your ride. I commuted with mine till last year with the decision to retire again. My commute was only 14 miles but I would take the long way in often times. May you have as much fun with yours as I have with mine.

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Welcome to the forum! You'll love the NT. It is a no hassle, get on and ride bike. I had a BMW R1100R, and much prefer the NT. The R was heavy, and that front suspension gadgetry made the handling ponderous. I was also astounded at the cost of parts.
The NT is much more frugal (I get around 60+ while the R got around 35), and the bigger tank on the NT allows for a longer ride. The NT also handles sublimely, especially in comparison to the R.
At only 8K miles on yours, it is almost new. It's ready for its first oil change!

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
It is interesting how many very low mile bikes have shown up....If the bike has OEM original tires, get them off the bike quick.....if you do a complete maintenance, let us know how you do with the bike...we are here for you.....I never got the kind of Milage harryhendo does....I hope someone changed the oil once in awhile. Any idea how long it has been sitting? I would get all the gas out too if it hasnt been driven for awhile.

Top Bottom