New NT for 2022?

Moto-Kafe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
While we are talking about CX500's............this Cafe version was hand-built/displayed at the Barber Vintage Festival in 2018 by one of our young Rocket-Scientist who lives in Huntsville, Al. It won Best of Show at that event (which draws 65,000 people and alot of "competition" in the shows). Comfortable?? Probably not, but the meticulous details that Shad put into this bike are astounding when viewed up close. The CX500/650 is a "common choice" to build a Cafe Bike with, not sure why??

PA040003.JPG

PA040002.JPG

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
In all this noise; and with new-age polymer moldings...you'd think they'd invent a workable plastic chain-case, complete with an oil bath.

Keep the chain clean and increase life by 300 percent.
They did. Yamaha called it the XV920 RH. It was a lithium grease bath. I am still kicking myself for selling mine. They were much more popular in Europe than in the US. Sound familiar?
Most of the case was like accordian rubber to allow for the swing arm movement and chain adjustment. Worked perfectly. After breakin, chain adjustments were about none existant.
Had a little rubber plug you removed to inspect the chain slack.
xv920rh.jpg

The Euro model was a TR1 and could be had in 750 cc, IIRC.
xv920R-chain-drive-cover.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtFlier

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I've never heard anyone lament "...gee, I wish my bike had chain drive instead of the power robbing final drive..." so to me it's a non-issue.

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Amen! I'd gladly give up a wee bit of power for the convenience of shaft drive!

Mike

Top Bottom