New NT1100 to be announced on Oct 21

On a side note, it seems more and more new models from many different makers are going with a parallel twin engine layout.
Yeah, it seems so. I think with the cylinders canted forward and the transmission tilted up it makes for the most compact, space efficient package.

Mike

thats cool!!!!! but my 2nd NT will be about just over 200K in 2028 when I "could retire", so I don't need another NT, but maybe I could just for FUN

I suspect the NT1100's price to be insanely high, should they bring it to the states. Isn't that one of the reasons the NT700V did not sell so well here........at $9,995 (ten years ago)....???

I suspect the NT1100's price to be insanely high, should they bring it to the states. Isn't that one of the reasons the NT700V did not sell so well here........at $9,995 (ten years ago)....???
There's "No Guarantee" that it will be brought to the US market.

The current pricing for the
AFRICA TWIN ADVENTURE SPORTS ES is $17.2k (manual) to $18k (DCT) USD.

I am thinking that the new NT1100 if it were to make it to the US market it would be about a $19k base price minimum.

I am just saying...

There's "No Guarantee" that it will be brought to the US market.

The current pricing for the
AFRICA TWIN ADVENTURE SPORTS ES is $17.2k (manual) to $18k (DCT) USD.

I am thinking that the new NT1100 if it were to make it to the US market it would be about a $19k base price minimum.

I am just saying...

19k? I don't need a new bike that badly!

It will probably be a nice bike but I have no need for 1100 cc. I went for less cc, weight and cost when I traded in my NT two years ago. Kind of going back to where I started my motorcycle adventures over 50 years ago.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm glad to see Honda getting back into sport touring though. I was excited to see the Triumph 660 triple. It's just about what I would look for power/weight wise.... Money wise too!

Mike

More and more, for my day rides of up to 140-miles, round trip and no interstate, I have to wonder if something in the 350-500 cc range would work for me? The weight of my present bikes is one of my concerns and I don't need more horsepower!

More and more, for my day rides of up to 140-miles, round trip and no interstate, I have to wonder if something in the 350-500 cc range would work for me? The weight of my present bikes is one of my concerns and I don't need more horsepower!

try a CanAm Ryker 600cc

"...I heard today the average new vehicle for sale in America is nearly $43,000...Camelot"

The scarcity of vehicles caused by the pandemic isn't offering any bargains. About a mile from me is a mega-dealer with his lot directly adjacent to I-75. For the first time ever, he's advertising on TV that he has the best used cars and also offering to buy anything that rolls into his lot. About 2-mile south is the Honda car dealer where their lot appears to be mostly empty.

The other day I watched a YouTube video where a guy visited a multi-line, motorcycle dealer (Honda, Suzuki, etc) in Fayatteville, NC and they had one small Honda dirt bike on the showroom floor, otherwise it could have been used as a roller skating rink. :mad:

Last edited:

I have the same thoughts, as I get older my rides get shorter and slower and I gravitate to smaller and lighter bikes.

The other day I watched a YouTube video where a guy visited a multi-line, motorcycle dealer (Honda, Suzuki, etc) in Fayatteville, NC and they had one small Honda dirt bike on the showroom floor, otherwise it could have been used as a roller skating rink. :mad:
I saw the exact same thing at my local Honda dealer at the beginning of the pandemic and since.

Seems that everyone who recently became unemployed decided to spend those unemployment checks on buying toys they really do not need. These same people stopped paying their rent and mortgages too. They now had a huge surplus of money burning a hole in their pockets. Buying dirtbikes, side-by-sides, and what-else-nots seemed like a good idea at the time.

You cannot help the foolish when it's time to pay the Piper...

Back
Top Bottom