New Owner

Hi All,
Just picked up a 2010 NT here in Illinois. So far, enjoying the commute. Looking forward to learning about the bike. Mine had an audio cable in the front left cubby. Thoughts?

Tuchango

8730E7A5-F2D7-4B9E-AF1E-79A2FCA0E107.jpeg

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
As for the audio cable, you may be able to ask previous owner or find the other end.

Arknt

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good to have you with us! Tell us a little more about your previous rides. You'll love the NT.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
congrats.. NT is an awesome bike ..

quick tip: get Shock Sox (https://a.co/d/9GW1aBJ) will keep the muck out of your front forks seals...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)

quick tip: get Shock Sox (https://a.co/d/9GW1aBJ) will keep the muck out of your front forks seals...
I used Shock Sox for about 30-40K miles on my 1st NT. Then I replaced those with rubber gaiters from a Triumph Bonneville. They work better and I've got them on Horse, my #2 NT.

OP
OP
Tuchango
Just across the river. We will have to get together sometime.

Mike
Sounds good!

I’ll check them out. Is it good to target a specific mx interval for these or just go ahead and throw ‘em on? Working on limited funds so gotta prioritize.

As for the audio cable, you may be able to ask previous owner or find the other end.

Arknt
Are there speakers on this bike? Kind of looks like it.

Hi welcome to the forum! I've had my NT about 5 years, great commuter bike, plus more. No speakers, just looks like there could be. Though who knows what someone may have added.

OP
OP
Tuchango
Hi welcome to the forum! I've had my NT about 5 years, great commuter bike, plus more. No speakers, just looks like there could be. Though who knows what someone may have added.
One more dumb question: should the brake light come on when only squeezing the handbrake? Works when I do the foot brake, but not the handbrake.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Check that both connectors are still attached to the brake light switch which is near the pivot of the front brake lever. They are easily knocked off when working or cleaning in that area.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Greetings! I was incarcerated in Illinois for 40 years...then escaped. 18 years hard labor in Downers Grove, ILLinois. 6 1/2 years at the U of I chambana pain. Roughly 13 years working at a two way radio shop in C-U. 2 years work release in Indiana. Then moved to Spokane....
Highs
The smell of corn fields on a summer night while riding motorcycles.
Lightning bugs
The sales flyers for foremost liquers in the sunday newspappers. Cheep booze.
Rain
Home grown tomatoes.
Lows. Mosquitos, earth so flat you can see the curvature of the earth. Heat and humidity. cold winters. Little public land. All water is muddy.
The NT is a great bike with few gremlins....

OP
OP
Tuchango
That’s interesting. Been in IL for 9 years after leaving Spokane!
Can’t wait to get back to the PacNW. Just found I’m doing a detour in Topeka, but looks like we’re leaving IL this fall.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
That’s interesting. Been in IL for 9 years after leaving Spokane!
Can’t wait to get back to the PacNW. Just found I’m doing a detour in Topeka, but looks like we’re leaving IL this fall.
Love to see you back here with Frosty and I. Just dont live in the city of Spokane. You would not recognize it, size and culture and , well, I cant get political here but PM me if you want to know how bad it is.

OP
OP
Tuchango
Love to see you back here with Frosty and I. Just dont live in the city of Spokane. You would not recognize it, size and culture and , well, I cant get political here but PM me if you want to know how bad it is.
I still have a house in Cheney. My parents live in the Portland area; I hear plenty about that area to make me sick. Not sure about Spokane though; don’t have any scouts there right now.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Welcome aboard ! Am sure you will love the NT. Mine has given me nearly 92,000 miles of wonderful enjoyment so far. Still making more memories. Ride On !

Top Bottom