New PR3's

Bike
2010 Red NT700V #1001
Based on the advice and feedback of forum members, I have decided on the PR3's as my replacement rubber. OEM front tire is down to the wear bars and exhibiting cupping at 7,200 miles.

Since this is hopefully the only part of bike that touches the pavement, I will replace both tires at the same time.

Local dealers won't install tires they don't sell, so I'm paying $169 for front and $200 for rear plus $90 fee per tire for on-bike installation (subject to additional labor if change on either wheel takes longer than an hour).

For those of us lacking skill and equipment, we must pay the price.

Hopefully, I'll get double or triple the mileage out of the PR3's.

Daboo, you're right. I'm committed to current tire change. However, I appreciate your advice and might explore that option next time.

My concern with non-Honda dealers centers around familiarity with the bike. Since I don't wrench on 'em, I don't know how many tricks there are to servicing one model vs. another. So, for me, this is a more expensive option, but it comes with a little piece of mind. Hopefully, this Honda dealer has some experience with the NT and I certainly expect they will have instant access to service manual if necessary.

Bob, I reside closer to you than WV rider. I traverse the Wheeling/Weirton circuit.

Hey RED, I take mine to Hometown Honda in Marietta OH. I know that's a haul for you after reading your last post. Will have to meet up with Bob and I for a ride some time. We sometimes meet in New Martinsville and go ride some SE OHIO stuff before retreating to our homes.

Back
Top Bottom