New Transalp

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Honda may show it at the EICMA show in Europe this fall but that's no assurance a model reaches production. And as a previous poster mentioned, this is all moot if it's not intended for the US market.

To me, it appears they're going in a different direction and mostly away from ICE-powered 2-wheelers. Ya gotta build products for today's market and today's customers. And this is not at all related to where it was 30-40 yrs ago...unless you happen to build big V-twins in Milwaukee!

Last edited:
OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Factories build what we buy. I am not a fan of suburban assault vehicles but they seem to be all you can actually buy right now...

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
The 2025 launch date mentioned in the article above coincides with the new law in Tokyo prefecture that bans ICE-powered vehicles from that date onward and other cities within Japan are soon to follow.

The move to electrification is also the reason Honda quit F-1 as the engine provider for Red Bull after the team won the world championship in 2021 but thankfully due to a freezing of engine regs until 2025, the exact same engine sits in the Red Bull but without "Honda" signage on the bodywork or engine. The complete engines are still being supplied from Japan but most of the development engineers have been transferred to the electric vehicle project.

Honda did something similar around 1967, when they quit motorcycle grand prix after winning championships in 4 of the 5 classes. Many of the key engineers were transferred to the auto division to help develop an engine that would pass upcoming US smog regs without need of crippling add-ons such as EGR and costly CATs. It was called the CVCC engine and boosted Honda auto sales in the US by a huge number.

Last edited:
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Ahh It is going to be a boring world. Glad I won't be around to see it. Nobody will be able to do anything because it will be done for them by a gov't bureaucracy. No body will remember anything with out looking it up on their google phone. Everybody will be lockstep with the other. It is all kind of like belonging to the Borg.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Not that I'm interested in buying a 2023 NT750 Trans-Alp but when one arrives at my local Honda dealer, I'll know some were produced and a small number sent to the US. Anything beyond that is pure internet conjecture. :cool:

Last edited:
Bike
2010 silver NT700
I am surprised the new Transalp does not have the signature twin tip exhaust used and previous models. The Transalp was hugely popular in the U.K. and Europe, so I imagine Honda will supply that market then maybe think about North America. I imagine the price would be competitive with that of the T7 Yamaha.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Ahh It is going to be a boring world. Glad I won't be around to see it. Nobody will be able to do anything because it will be done for them by a gov't bureaucracy. No body will remember anything with out looking it up on their google phone. Everybody will be lockstep with the other. It is all kind of like belonging to the Borg.
At the risk of getting political, the Eagle shits three times a month at my bank. Makes it a lot easier to keep living like a human being and not get toyed with.

Top Bottom