Newbie question so don't laugh

Bike
2011 Black NT700
With the 2010 model is the silver ABS and the maroon non ABS?
Clint
Now be nice.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
The silver can be either, the red is non-ABS only iirc. Someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Clint, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. This forum is a safe place to expose your lack of information. When you do, some good person like Rob will almost always have the right answer quickly. Sometimes we get more than one right answer, and that's OK, too.

People who ask questions give people who know answers the chance to share. We know that there's somegthing that you know that we're not going to know. Don't hang back. If you've got a question, believe me, someone else who reads the Forum has it too.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'll be putting my semi-gloss black pannier lids back on my bike this afternoon. I won't be able to check to see how much it is slowed down until after the snow we're supposed to get melts sometime next week. :-(

jackgermain

So let me help you out here. Your priority should be the color - and that being the silver one which provides not only higher speed but greater handling; fuel economy; wind resistance and being a chick magnet. The second thing you worry about is brakes - which are really over rated since with the enhanced transmission on the silver one you only need to down shift to stop. This is only my opinion --(not shared by my wife)

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
You must remember that the black is THe stealth color, and if it is all in black it is just easier to slip arround unseen when needed.

bicyclist

And you can tell the ABS ones because they have a sticker that says so on each side of the front fender (unless someone like me has peeled it off) and there's a slotted ring for the ABS sensor inside the right brake rotor.

Bike
11VStrom650 & 16Tiger800
Certainly agree with you! My 2011 NT is Black and Sexy. Faster or not makes no never mind to me. What matters to me is the trip and getting there in style with the Sexy Black NT! Has turned many heads and been stopped in parking lots just to talk about the bike!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'd had two Concours. They would occcasionally draw a comment from someone who thought they were BMWS. When I bought the NT, I took a 4,000 mile trip that summer and constantly had people asking me about the bike. I think the NT draws more attention from non-riding people than any other bike I've ever had!

Bike
Silver NT700V
:think1:It's elemental my good sir!

Gold is used to make red paint, and gold's atomic number is 79. Silver's atomic number is only 47, on the other hand, allowing the silver NT to be muuuuch lighter (and faster) than the red one. QED.:eek1:
"Scientific" proof that the silver ones are faster because the silver paint weighs less than the red paint.

skiper

Chuck - you can't argue with SCIENCE , and be on the winning side. "WINNING". but seriously , I must contend that the silver ones are shown to vibrate much less.. which may or may not be a good thing

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
That may be the single greatest encryption of mysterious knowledge that I have ever read, Sam. Thank you for your clarification.

Top Bottom