Feno

Ride safe and enjoy the scenery
Bike
Deauville, Bobber
Hi everyone,
I’m thinking of buying a Honda NT700 deauville from a dealer to tour and have a bit of fun with the wife with. The bike is a 2008, has 5840 genuine miles and is in showroom condition. They have agreed an oil and filter change and 2 new tyres for £4995 I’m guessing it will have a months warranty also.

any thoughts and advice from you guys would be helpful

Thankyou

Hi, Feno! Welcome to the NT-Owners.org Forum. We're primarily US riders, but we've got others from the UK, Australia, and a few other places where Deauvilles are found. I've got my 2nd NT now after putting 139K miles on my first one; both '10s. I've enjoyed both bikes after having ridden 2 '99 Kawasaki Concours (called GTRs in Europe and UK). I'm 78 now and have had six knee replacements. Both of my NTs have been lowered an inch. I have used my bikes for everything from grocery shopping, a short commute to work, and my 2013 "Epic Post-Retirement Ride to Alaska, the Four Corners of the US, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and Labrador." That was an 80-day, 21K mile ride. I have no idea how your price compares to other bikes available to you. I paid $4999 for my #2 bike, which had 22K miles.

This is a great group and even though we didn't get the NT here until 2010, there hasn't been that much change in the bike. Seems to me like the biggest difference between the '07 and the '10 might be that our windshields are adjustable with five notches and yours may only have two and may require unscrewing some fasteners.

The NT is a great bike and it'll do just about anything you might want as long as it's on a road of some sort. I've ridden quite a few miles on gravel and it works, but I prefer pavement. :)

This month, I paid 4000 for my 2010 NT with 8100 miles and felt like I got a great deal. 4900 does not sound like a bad deal either but that depends on prices in your area. If they'll throw in a 30 day warrantee, ride the crap out of it and give it a good shakedown. If it doesn't have any dry rot or neglect issues, you can probably expect over 100k miles. Doing the math, that's pretty cheap per mile for entertainment. 😉

If you buy it, join our group. The more the merrier.
Regards, Randy

I'm not sure when they upgraded essentially the HawkGT engine to a 4-valve head with Fuel injection. All the USA-models had those two upgrades but we didn't receive the bike until late-2009.

When the NT650 was replaced by the NT700 in 2006, the four-valve, two spark plug engine replaced the three-valve single spark-plug engine of the 650.

The PC800 had a 3-valve head but required 2 spark plugs per cylinder. The PC800 engine was more closely related to the VT500 engine and not the NT650GT Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom