NGK VD05F #8052 Sparkplug Caps & CR9EIX's Definitive Answer

Bike
Red NT
Hi folks. First I just wanted to shoot out a quick thank you to the board for being here for all the information.
On the many numerous boards that I'm on, all too many times, someone comes on and states what there problem is with A...-B...-C.. bike and there are a million responses to what might fix their dilemma only for the thread to end without ever finding out what the remedy was.
Well, I didn't post up an inquiry to what my problem would be, just used the search and went to work from there. Well to get to what my problem "was".... By the way, no codes.....
I wanted to give a definitive answer for the next person with my dismay that comes along so here goes. Cold running meaning first 20 miles or so, bike ran awesome. Not a hiccup. All wonderful. After that, different story. 1) Bike ran almost respectable if the engine wasn't being lugged (too high a gear). Would feel like it was in limp mode until a downshift and would continue to run ok until.. 2) You were stopped at a light, ready to make a left hand turn, with barely a break in traffic ,throttle with authority only to get nothing out of the bike, DOA in the middle of the intersection. Fun stuff right there I'm telling you. So, now comes the research to the problem. After finding the Honda bulletin about the caps, I proceeded out to have a good time getting to the caps to see if they were ever swapped for NGK's, they weren't so I'm feeling pretty good now. I ordered a set up of NGK VD05F #8052 Sparkplug Caps. They were in my mailbox Tuesday after ordering them on Sunday eve. I was positive I had a 4 pack or the Cr8's plugs but was sadly mistaken...They were D8's. But, I did have a 4 pack Cr9EIX's that I wasn't too worried about exchanging the orig CR8's with them. If anybody has any words of wisdom for me as to why 1 heat range cooler wouldn't be in my best interest to run, I'm all ears :) So, grabbed 2 out of the 4 pack and had at it. I pulled the the rubber boot back off of the right side cap that is at the wire and unscrewed the plug cap off the wire. Would have been cool if Mother Honda gave us just an inch more of plug wire, its tight in there. Screwed the new cap on and dropped a new plug in there, All good. Make sure you shoot the new rubber booties with some spray silicone, makes life a lot easier when you are slipping them back on the plastic caps. Rinse and repeat the on the left side, put everything back and you are ready to go. Did a 220 mile round the block this afternoon and the bike runs flawless new. So, to end the post, If the bike is at all running at all a little a miss, first thing first, swap the plugs and the caps. You'll have a new bike again. Thanks again all. Mike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom