Niken GT, A Sport Touring Bike

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Re: Niken GT A sport Touring Bike

Sorry, but if I met one of those coming toward me I'd pull over, remove my helmet, and try to shake the cobwebs out of my head. They just don't look right. Sort of what a motorcycle would look like after having too many beers.
However they may be quite functional. They wouldn't have made it this far if they didn't work. So maybe I'm just jealous and need to try one. Might be fun to try one today in this snowstorm (as long as I'm not the one who has to clean it up afterward).

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX

Starting at $17K drops it out of consideration for me. That's about what I paid for my car.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural

When I win the Lottery or get inheritance I just might consider one. About the same as a BMW R1250 so I guess it will be around. I really would like to ride one, reports are it corners like a no other, holding fantastic.

Bike
Wow 8 my on legged brother asked the same thing, he hates his H-D Freewheeler.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
It takes a little getting used to the looks. It would be a conversation starter in the parking lots.
Probably not for me.

Brad

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I wonder if it can it be locked upright, or do you need to use the kickstand?
From what I've read, they still have to use a sidestand or they can fall over. They don't have an "up-lock" like the 3-wheeled scooters from Europe.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
From what I've read, they still have to use a sidestand or they can fall over. They don't have an "up-lock" like the 3-wheeled scooters from Europe.
I seem to remember that I read where you still need to put your feet down at stops to prevent a flop. So SAD's are still within the realm of possibility. That would be the only advantage for me to want to buy one.

Mike

OP
OP
RedLdr1

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Looking at the pictures it appears it does have a side stand. Look just above the center stand in this picture...
sidestand.jpg

Bike
I try and never by anything the first year out. Let those guys who have to have the latest find the issues and many will be fixed on second year.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Find reverse tilting trikes fascinating. Good thing I don't have the available coin. :(

Top Bottom