No Start

johnha

Finally buttoned the NT back up after prolonged period of non-riding, almost two months. No start, seems to be plenty of crank. Nothing obvious to me but the check engine light flashes one steady followed by two fast then repeats. Any body know these codes?

Thanks.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
You did, of course, make sure the kill switch was on, right?

Mike

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I have never needed to read the codes but I think it sounds like 1 long and 2 fast is an error code of 12. Do you have a service manual? Section 6 has some info.
Error code 12 is rear injector. Have you done any elec work that might cause that or left something disconnected? I think others have had error codes flash before and maybe could verify the code.
Good luck,

Brad

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Finally buttoned the NT back up after prolonged period of non-riding, almost two months. No start, seems to be plenty of crank. Nothing obvious to me but the check engine light flashes one steady followed by two fast then repeats. Any body know these codes?

Thanks.
There have been reports on the ST Forum of mice nesting under the throttle bodies and chewing up the injector harness. Might want to check that first. I don't know if mice can tell a ST1300 from a NT700 or not.:rolleyes1:

Last edited:
OP
OP

johnha

I have never needed to read the codes but I think it sounds like 1 long and 2 fast is an error code of 12. Do you have a service manual? Section 6 has some info.
Error code 12 is rear injector. Have you done any elec work that might cause that or left something disconnected? I think others have had error codes flash before and maybe could verify the code.
Good luck,

Brad
Thanks, Brad. Found it on page 6-17 and your interpretation is spot on. Rear injector.

Here we go!!!

OP
OP

johnha

Thanks all for the suggestions. Removing and replacing the rear injector connector fixed the problem (after re-disassembling everything again LOL). Running again.

Top Bottom