Noise while coasting

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Ausmo, welcome to NT-Owners.org! We've got a couple other Aussies on the Forum. Introduce yourself -- tell us about your riding history, a little about your life, share some pictures of yourself, your bike(s), and maybe some of the places you ride.

Ausmo, welcome to NT-Owners.org! We've got a couple other Aussies on the Forum. Introduce yourself -- tell us about your riding history, a little about your life, share some pictures of yourself, your bike(s), and maybe some of the places you ride.
Hi Phil and thanks for the welcome. I live in the Barossa Valley, one of Australia's premier wine regions, located about 1 hour north of Adelaide, the capital of the state of South Australia. Apart from the obvious attraction of ready availability of high-quality vino, there is an abundance of fine riding to be had in close proximity. l am a 71-year-old retired health service manager.

I owned and rode bikes in New Zealand in my teens in the mid to late 60's, memorably a BSA Bantam, Honda 90, and a Honda 305 Dream. Much later and briefly I owned a Yamaha postie scooter for local transport to and from work. My mid and later-life passion became flying including building an RV12 kit plane. Regrettably, my advancing years dented my flying confidence and I am now a retired pilot.

Three years ago my return to motorcycling was marked by acquiring a Suzuki GS500F and recently exchanging it for a 2006 NT700. One of my many and among the greatest life regrets was all those 50+ years without owning a bike, I can't imagine what I was thinking! I'm loving being out and about again, it has literally changed my life. The Deaville has proved to be everything I hoped it would be, comfortable, quick enough for this old codger, and best of all, surprisingly nimble and fun in the twisties. The old girl recently took me overseas on an 1800km road trip to the beautiful state of Tasmania where the riding has to be seen and experienced to be believed.

Onwards and upwards folks. Be safe and enjoy!

Erik

IMG_1084.jpeg

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Hmmmm...? olde farte.... pilot.....NT owner.....! Yup! You'll fit right in!
:thumb:
Welcome!

Mike

Top Bottom