Nolan a day late

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I have been helmet shopping and I am sort of enamoured with Nolan right now. I can't seem to find what it will take to push me to a flip-up, so I got all fired up to buy an N85 (2012 helmet of the year)
Revzilla had them on closeout for as little as $169
When I finally decided to pull the trigger, I discovered they were sold out of every iteration of that helmet in every size. The helmet can still be found elsewhere, but at a higher price.
So now I am studying the next gen N86 at about $210
Also, the new N91 is an attractive buy in the $250 +/- range

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
+ 1 on what Paul says. And after seeing the chin bar on my Nolan N-102 after I crashed my Concours I can't see myself ever going to a 3/4 helmet. I want that chin bar to protect my jaw.

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
The Monaco is a very attractive piece. I like the idea of the self tinting visor

Who all is wearing a Nolan and which model? Thoughts?

Bike
2010 RED NT700V
The Monaco is a very attractive piece. I like the idea of the self tinting visor

I have a Nolan N103 and love it. I'd love to get the N104 for my next helmet, but I'm afraid the position of the sun visor lever would preclude using my Sena SMH10 headset. (I think the NCOM system is too expensive.)

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I have the Nolan N90, has been used for about 18k miles or so. I like it very much. Think I paid $225 or so for it from Revzilla a year and a half ago. I see they are now $200. Webbikeworld liked this one a lot, too. I like Nolan's ratchet-locking mechanism on the chin strip MUCH better than D-rings. Only complain I've heard on these forums about it, and I agree, is that the internal sun visor doesn't come down quite far enough. So long as you buy at least one-generation old, Nolan prices sure seem to be a good bang for the buck.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700

Have an N90 - and love it. When I need another helmet in two years (or so), it will be another Nolan flip-up.

Let me give a shout out for the Shark Evoline 3. It fits my ridding style perfectly. The flip up goes all the way back so you can ride with it in the open position. I carry a hydration pack with a hose and just flip it up, suck on my hose, and flip down without missing a beat - and the miles just fly by. The other great feature on it is the internal sun visor/shield is NOT spring loaded so it will stay where ever you want it. That is worth the price of admission. I love mine although it is a bit pricy - $400 for Hi-Viz. Wendell

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have a white Nolan N90 and a white Shoei Neotec. The Shoei is overall a better helmet but the Nolan is a better value.

Bike
Sprint GT, 2010 NT, MS950
My Nolan N90 is on order from Revzilla. Since I needed tires and a jacket anyway, A couple of days ago I ordered a set of Pirelli Angel GTs and a blue Olympia AST-2. The jacket is on closeout in blue only, and a LOT of jacket for the price of a Tourmaster Transition 3. Anyway, I used the "Revzilla bucks" I earned on the tires and jacket to get another $25 off of the helmet.

The jacket arrived today, and the tires and helmet should be here soon. I'll post a report on the Pirellis once I get them on and have a chance to test them out.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Good!
Nolan calls it 'metallic white'. My question is: Is it really a metallic white or are they just calling it that? I think it would look great if it had some metal flake in it
Mine is just plain white, but I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago. It might have changed by now.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Good!
Nolan calls it 'metallic white'. My question is: Is it really a metallic white or are they just calling it that? I think it would look great if it had some metal flake in it
My N90 box says its metallic white but you have to look real close to see it. It basically looks plain white from a distance.

Top Bottom