Non-heated grips

pgalonsky

Does anyone have suggestions for thicker grips that are non heated? Thanks!
Pgalonsky

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I have the heated grips so I have not tried others but I think the least expensive and easiest solution would be to get some of the foam sleeves and put them over your existing grips.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
for about $10, the easiest/cheapest solution imo is to just slip some grab on grip covers over the existing. i use them and like them a lot.

spray the inside of them with hair spray, then slide them on.

Grip Puppies. $10 or so and five minute installation over the OEM. Will of course feel thicker than the rock hard originals.

rcase13

Another shout out for the Grip Ons. Easy to install and look factory.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaggieMan

A long winded answer:

A few years ago I happened across a new, in the package, pair of iso-grips that I didn't have an application for, at a Salvation Army store ... they were $6.00!!! Knowing that was less than 10% of the retail price I, of course, bought them. I finally got tired of looking at them and sold them on Craig's List to a guy for $35.

Fast forward to late 2011 when I bought my NT700. I've always hated the stock grips that come on Japanese bikes. My hands aren't particularly that big, but the stock grips always seem to be too small to me. So about a month or so ago I'm cruising Craig's List and see a pair of Iso-Grips for sale for $30 that will fit the NT700. I buy them. The way I see it: $35 - $6 = $29 - $30 = $1 net cost! It's like I was fated to have them.

All that said, I don't "love" the Iso-Grips but I think they are a vast improvement for my hands over the stock grips ... and the price was certainly right.

Scott

Top Bottom