not so smooth NT

paulh

Hi guys,
I'm hoping some of you can help me out. In the last week or so, i have started to notice that the bike is not running as smooth as it should, when i am trying to keep at a certain speed. For example, if i am in traffic and the speed is 30, 40, etc and i am trying to keep a steady pace, i notice that the bike is sort of,hesitant and then it's ok and so on. It is not extreme, by any measure but it is happening. I rode at 30mph in 3rd gear and then same speed in 2nd gear to see any difference but the hesitancy (sluggish/ok/sluggish/ok) is there whichever gear i am in. That includes 5th and 6th gear at 60mph. Bike idles perfect, and acceleration ok too. I am planning on changing air, oil filters next weekend and i am hoping i can sort the issue out whilst servicing the bike.
Cheers and thanks in advance.
Paul.

Paulh there was a problem with the spark plug caps on some models so I am wondering if this is your problem too.

Apart from that I would be checking the spark plugs and trying a new lot of fuel as tainted fuel could also cause this problem.

Thanks seagrass
I forgot to mention that i also find that the "roll on" of the throttle is quite sudden when i am accelerating slowly. It is not a gradual feel that you might expect. I find that when i roll on the throttle slowly, nothing happens at the moment i think it should and then, its like the bike gets the fuel and away we go. Reckon i'm going to be getting to know my bike pretty well, very soon :)

I am wondering if this could also be the throttle position sensor. Are you getting the "engine check light" flashing in the instrument cluster?

Sometimes the throttle position sensor has a problem due to the voltage regulator output not being correct so this could also be the problem

Hi guys,
I'm hoping some of you can help me out. In the last week or so, i have started to notice that the bike is not running as smooth as it should, when i am trying to keep at a certain speed. For example, if i am in traffic and the speed is 30, 40, etc and i am trying to keep a steady pace, i notice that the bike is sort of,hesitant and then it's ok and so on. It is not extreme, by any measure but it is happening. I rode at 30mph in 3rd gear and then same speed in 2nd gear to see any difference but the hesitancy (sluggish/ok/sluggish/ok) is there whichever gear i am in. That includes 5th and 6th gear at 60mph. Bike idles perfect, and acceleration ok too. I am planning on changing air, oil filters next weekend and i am hoping i can sort the issue out whilst servicing the bike.
Cheers and thanks in advance.
Paul.

Um your Deauville has a 6th gear?

I am wondering if this could also be the throttle position sensor. Are you getting the "engine check light" flashing in the instrument cluster?

Sometimes the throttle position sensor has a problem due to the voltage regulator output not being correct so this could also be the problem

no warning lights at all. To be honest, if you were to take the bike on a test ride, i doubt that you would notice it because it is so slight but i have had the bike long enough now to notice it. Really does give the feeling of a clogged/dirty filter.
Cheers for the input :)

Paul, what is the year of your Deauville?

On the UK forum, http://www.deauvilleuk.org/forum/index.php, there's threads about the fuel pump causing issues, especially on the 650 model. I think the spark plug, wires or fuel is a better choice though.

Chris
Chris, mine is a 2008 model. Think i will go with the suggestions of spark plugs etc while i service it next week.
Thanks
Paul

Hello folks, took the advice from you guys. Changed oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, AND caps. Bike is now running like never before, in the best way possible !.
Thanks for all the advice !

Back
Top Bottom