Not too bad for riding 2 up!

I've had my NT for more than a year now - but we have small kids and seldom do my wife and I have a chance to ride together. We could both stand to lose a few pounds, and I was impressed today, when we had the chance to ride for while, by how well the NT handled. We took some very curvy roads and it was very good - power remained good, handling was very solid.

She did Slide into me from time to time as the ride progressed, and this pressed me into the tank - an aftermarket seat might help with this.

Glad the NT's versatile ways extend to two-up traveling. We'll have to make more time to do that!

Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
David,
Glad to hear you were able to both get on the bike...I have two little ones as well and it is not easy to find the time to ride together. I agree that the bike handles great with two up. It is alot more sport oriented than say , a cruiser. We had alot of fun the last time we went together except for the footroom issue. I'm an 11 and my wife is a 10womens and we kept clunking feet together. I am looking for something a little roomier than a stock peg from an ST.
Do you have modified passenger footpegs?

Mattb

My wife and I ride together all the time now. We love the NT! We went on a 375 mile ride today and are worn out because of the heat, not because the bike beat us up.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
She did Slide into me from time to time as the ride progressed...
That's more than half the fun of riding 2up! ;) My wife and I have put well over 6,000 miles riding 2up in the past year. We rode a K 1200 this summer in Europe but when we got back home and returned to the NT, she announced that she like the NT better. We're about 325 lbs combine and even with full gear we have plenty of power. As for handling, we did a good part of the Blue Ridge Parkway a year ago April. Very nimble even with 2 on.

Bike
2010 NT700V
We have had bikes of various brands, sizes and types (including a Vespa) since 1966. I think if you added up all the miles I have ridden solo, it MIGHT come to a couple of thousand at the most. The NT very capable of carrying two at a time.

Bike
Bonneville T120
We ride two-up from time to time and are very satisfied with the performance of the NT. However the wife would much ride her own. She has a Burgman 400 and recently we got her a 2000 Suzuki Savage. She is just learning the clutch and shifting and at the present time she is addicted to riding that little sucker!!

Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Dan,
My wife's got a 2006. Are you used to the backfiring yet?

Makes me laugh every time, after I jump out of my saddle and look for a nice warm foxhole!

elizilla

CindiK, a sometime member of this forum, had a Savage for her first bike. She piled on the miles, and had some sort of massive trouble while still under warranty. IIRC, the dealer told her that her warranty didn't cover abuse, and putting 20K on it in six months was abuse.

Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Its a light duty bike, but still why do dealers have to play games like that! Unlimited mileage warranty is just that! I have heard of alot of top end troubles with that engine , she only has 2200 miles on it (1000 since June!) But I keep an eye on the head for oil leaks. We got it used "as-is" and so far its been a great bike to learn on. It fits her well and she loves it.
Anytime we coast , it announces our arrival with a BANG. Once the pipe is hot enough the carb keeps dumping fuel into the cylinder after the throttle is closed ( simple carb, no coasting valve/ circuit) so technically it Afterfires. No damage so far. Its also good for a laugh if you rev it at a stop and then hit the kill switch. Pop.
"I'm home!" Lol

Bike
2010 NT700V
CindiK, a sometime member of this forum, had a Savage for her first bike. She piled on the miles, and had some sort of massive trouble while still under warranty. IIRC, the dealer told her that her warranty didn't cover abuse, and putting 20K on it in six months was abuse.
While researching my next bike before buying the NT, I saw A LOT of that type of complaint about all Suzuki models on many forums. Apparently, the company has told dealers to just ignore customers and the trouble will go away. So will the customers. They'll figure it out, eventually.

Top Bottom