Now both front fork seals are seeping.

Thought the right was debris related. The left has now started seeping 500 miles later. Pulled the dust seal and found almost no contamination or grit. Beginning to wonder if this is age related. Bought mine in Novemer 09 which I guess makes it one of the older US models. 30k is the earliest I have had a fork seal leak and only had one other Honda in my many years of ownership leak and that was after 50k. Somewhat disappointed. Not what I expect from Honda.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Sorry to hear this about your NT. It could be age I guess. I got mine a year after you, December 2010. I did have the dealer point out leaking seal at around 28K which he was going to fix under warranty (extended). Turned out to be caused by running over debris (4" thick wood slab) which also damaged both wheels and ruined both tires. All fixed by insurance claim.

If you have an extended warranty this may be covered.

BTW, the next pie run is in Sealy, you coming?

Keep the shiny side up,

Chuck

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
My dealer (Sun Enterprises in Denver) fixed fork seals under extended warranty. But I think they're usually considered a wear item. Bugs seem to be the biggest culprit for damaging them. That's why I put the Triumph fork gaitors on my bike.

(Now I'll have a fork seal fail on my way to Spearfish).

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...Bought mine in Novemer 09 which I guess makes it one of the older US models....]

Mine is only a month older (Dec '09) and I installed gaiters right away so the original seals are still OK. I've also had the fork off the bike and completely disassembled & cleaned at least three times which helps the longevity of the everything inside the fork, including the seals.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[...Bought mine in Novemer 09 which I guess makes it one of the older US models....]

The production of 2010 models for the USA was done in one brief stretch at the factory so being older or newer is not a factor.

Top Bottom